Dont see a difference..

Options
Ok so I know that there is a difference, but I just feel like I did 20 lbs ago..I look at myself and see myself at that size.. I know Im not because I've gone from a size 12,, to a 6-8... What is wrong with me? Why am I still seeing myself as the size 12?

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. We never see ourselves as we are. Also since we see ourselves everyday it's hard see the progress we have made w/o pictures. Let the compliments you get from other people be your guide. Don't be so hard on yourself (this is the pot calling the kettle black).:flowerforyou:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem. I've lost 20 pounds as well. I'm wearing smaller sizes, but I still think of my self at the larger size.

Yesterday was a big help to me, I saw a friend I hadn't seen in over 2 months. She was amazed! She could really see the difference and kept pointing it out all day. It is a mind shift and so hard to change our own perceptions. Let the clothing sizes talk to you, you are obviously smaller then you were. keep focusing on the good things you are doing and eventually your mind will listen.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You are experiencing a common problem. If severe enough, it's called "body dysmorphic disorder." In fact, it is one of the reasons that people can creep over to anorexia. I once lost over 60 pounds, down to a weight that was easily 10-15 pounds lower than I should have gone and still saw myself as fat. In fact, it wasn't until (after having a baby and struggling to lose the last 10 pounds) I threw in the towel and started gaining significant weight back that I was able to see how unhealthily thin the girl in those pictures was.

Remember that your eyes can lie to you. If necessary, stop looking in the mirror! Look at the size you wear (it's IMPOSSIBLE to be fat in a size 6), and the measurements you have, and focus on them and the success they represent.
  • JWalker514
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Definitely appreciate it and I am glad to see that Im not alone.