Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First NSV worthy of shouting about!

Hi All,

I guess I have had many NSVs along the way but none I have felt the need to shout about!

Today I CHOSE to go and mow the lawn!! I have NEVER done this as it is my hubby's job (lol!). But I thought about how good for me it would be, to get me moving. And I actually quite enjoyed it!

I did wear my HRM and log the 'workout' as it is not part of my usual activity and it was bloomin hard!! It was a crappy mower, lots of pulling uphill and the grass was long.

Anyway, hubby will be pleased when he gets home and I have managed to burn 471 cals! Everyone is happy!! :laugh:

Replies

• FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Good for you!!! This is such a pivotal moment, when you realize your life is changing for the better and that you are now in charge of what you want to do each day, instead of your body being in charge and keeping you from activities. Definitely worth making some noise over :)

My husband works out of town for two weeks at a time. This last time he was gone...I also opted to go outside and do a large amount of yardwork that is normally left for him to do when he is home. He was so surprised to see everything looking so spiffed up, and even a new concrete pathway leading to the house made out of 12" by 12" concrete paving stones! I was so proud of myself when it was all said and done. Man it was a lot of work. It is not something I would have taken the iniative to do 63 lbs ago.

Congratulations on getting more active!
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    That's awesome!! But better be careful hubby might think you'll do it all the time lol
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    This is terrific!!
  • CricketWhiskers
    CricketWhiskers Posts: 64 Member
    How great! Good job for you!!!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Awesome!! What an empowering feeling!
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    WOW thats awesome!!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Awesome!!! And you got and extra workout in for! Sweet!!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    awesome! i love doing workouts that are productive! plus now you have more free time to spend with your now happy and non-busy hubby. enjoy it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!