I never see success stories for people what look like me.

Options
I have had 2 c sections, and I feel like I still look pregnant, and have hangy fatty belly, I wish I could see some before and after pics of people who have body types like mine, to see if it is possible to have a relatively okay looking stomach in the end! My SW is 230 soooo if anyone has something they can share :) I would appreciate it!! grrr the title should say *that look like me LOL but I cannot change it.

Replies

• OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    The top photo is my before and afters from January to March of this year. I have had 3 c-sections...TWINS 2007, singleton 2008, singleton 2011. The bottom photo is my CURRENT photo. I started Insanity in April but I got lazy during Recovery Week. I'm currently doing my "first" run with Insanity and pushing super hard this time around. I hope this is helpful.

front.jpg

ONE MONTH INTO INSANITY...
    562805_4438639843303_582186340_n.jpg
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
    Congratulations!

OP, scar tissue sucks!

My wife has had 3 endometriosis surgeries.
    2 bikini cuts and 1 up and down.
    Because of the muscle damage from the incisions it takes her longer to lose in those areas.
    The scar tssue creates an even tougher stubborn zone.

Hang in there!
    If you lift weights and eat right, when you get down to the end youll see it isnt that bad.

If you need help getting started, read this!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The top photo is my before and afters from January to March of this year. I have had 3 c-sections...TWINS 2007, singleton 2008, singleton 2011. The bottom photo is my CURRENT photo. I started Insanity in April but I got lazy during Recovery Week. I'm currently doing my "first" run with Insanity and pushing super hard this time around. I hope this is helpful.

front.jpg

ONE MONTH INTO INSANITY...
    562805_4438639843303_582186340_n.jpg
    Haha there you go OP. No pics to hottest girl ever. Sick! You look awesome.
  • Determinedgirl02
    Options
    OMG...OnMyWay4 you look AWESOME!!!! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing your pics.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    OP?! What does that stand for?
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    OP = Opening Poster
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I wish I looked like you at my starting point! I have WAY more fat on my belly, I honestly look pregnant.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I wish I looked like you at my starting point! I have WAY more fat on my belly, I honestly look pregnant.

Just get started :wink:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You can only do your best with the body you have.
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I share your pain, with my second child I had to have an emergency C-section and it has weakened the muscles, and I have lost feeling in that area. Now I have this belly bulge that just hangs over the scar. It makes me extremely unhappy, and insecure to be seen undressed by my husband. Honestly I am wondering if it could ever be repaired with working out or if this is going to be something I get corrected with a surgery. Please add me as a friend. I totally understand how you are feeling.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options

Where you are going is way better than where you are now. As long as you do everything you can possibly do...you will see changes. It's not instant...even for someone with a small frame like me. Tons of hard work and determination. Set small goals and once you reach them...shoot higher! Good luck to you ( :
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Try not to be someone else's 'fit', measure, and weigh and work to move those numbers, as the numbers move strengthen and increase your fitness level. One day you are going to wake up and say, 'i look pretty good' and that will motivate you to keep going.
  • casual247mel
    Options
    :ohwell: I'm also worried about that. I had twins 17 years ago and i never got back into shape before I gained weight. Now I am losing quite fast and been looking up ways to stop that from happening but all I can get is that you need to use loads of creams and do loads of ab exercises and it will be better after two years. If anyone has anything it would be great.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    And don't listen to people who says you can't be as good as someone else. Don't think that your over weight now and can only improve so much. Shoot for the stars at a turtles pace and keep it healthy haha. I've seen people who have dropped 300 pounds on this site. Don't let other people stop you from being the best you can be.
  • madamluck
    madamluck Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ive had 3 c-section and 1 vaginal birth..my 1st child was born almost 10yr ago and i gained 50lbs with her ..my pre-baby weight was 135lbs...here i am now with a 9,5,4 and 10 month old kids..i have lost some pounds throughout the years but nothing to be proud of..i started working out again a lil over 2 weeks ago,i was 197lbs and im down 3 lbs.i know my stomach i going to be an issue for me BUT i dont let it stop me..any weight loss at this point is great and is motivating me to keep going..i know my stomach with have a pouch look to it and will have sagging skin..i dont want a perfect body i just want to be able to wear the clothes i want to and to be able to keep up with my kids.

i hope that one day i can share my success story here
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ive had a c-section, got to 312 lbs, and have lost 104 lbs so far. I've got hanging skin on my belly, but I have no intentions of wearing a bikini in public anyway :noway: *chuckle* ... I'm just happy that I'm in a much better place than I was last year with a lot more energy. Putting on smaller clothes has been a surreal experience for me, but I've had no issues or problems with my abdominal area to complain about.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    And don't listen to people who says you can't be as good as someone else. Don't think that your over weight now and can only improve so much. Shoot for the stars at a turtles pace and keep it healthy haha. I've seen people who have dropped 300 pounds on this site. Don't let other people stop you from being the best you can be.

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!