walking hurts

Options
Am I out of shape or is this normal? After no workout for 2 months I started walkign this morning wanted to do 2 miles but settled for 1 mile because my shins and clafs were in pain. Is this normal did I get out of shape that fast?

Replies

• piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    How old are your shoes? If they are too old, you may have issues related to that.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've never had issues walking, even at my heaviest. However, given that your shins and calves are hurting, I would suspect bad shoes causing shin splint issues. You usually only think of that in regards to running (or at least I do) but walking could have a similar effect. Go to a running specialty store and get fitted for new shoes. It should help.
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    Could be that your just using muscles that you haven't in a while. I'd be consulting a doctor if the pain continues or gets worse. Try doing some stretching after your walk or foam rolling to help loosen up the muscles.
  • FitformeNena
    Options
    Stretch before n after..")
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have that happen specially if I am walking on a sidewalk with alot of driveways that are sloping. Walking on a less sloped area helped me.