Your opinion on "starvation mode"

Options
Hi everyone I was hoping for your opinion on this..
If you're on a low calorie diet but eat every 3 hours, does your body still think its in starvation mode and hold onto fat? As long as we feed our bodies often enough, it shouldn't think its starving.. and especially if you feel full.. am I right?

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Far as I ever knew, it was total calories over all, over an extended period of time, that would produced starvation mode.
  • vintageprop
    vintageprop Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I see. Makes sense I suppose. Thanks for your reply!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The way I understand the study that produced "starvation" mode; Is you have to be at a severe calorie deficit for a prolonged peroid, say 21-30 days, for starvation mode to kick in.

I do not beleive eating 6 smaller meals as opposed to 3 larger ones makes ones matabolism any faster than normal. If it does, it's not very much. 6 Smaller meals may help you consume less calories, but the reason you're losing weight is you are consuming less calories.

I do not beleive if I'm in a meeting and have to skip a snack and my stomach starts growling that my fat loss will be impeded, if it is, it's not very much.

I beleive the body does go into a starvation mode to protect itself. I do not beleive anyone seeking help on this website is even remotly close to getting there.
  • vintageprop
    vintageprop Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply! I totally agree with you.