Anybody from MI?

Options
DreeDub
DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
I'm looking for some "friends" on MFP who are in Michigan! I need some extra support and with this wonderful weather we have here it is difficult to stay motivated to do anything...so I thought if I could find some friends we were feeling the same way I am due to weather. Or if people had some recommendations for community activities or races to do...that would also be a benefit to all of us!

Send me requests if you are a Michigander ;)

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Me Me I am I am!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Me too! Not sure where exactly you are, but it's supposed to be 65 on wednesday. Yay, I can bike outside again!

Also, my boyfriend and I just joined Fitness 19 and we each pay 10 bucks a month...its a nice gym too, we like it. You might want to check it out if you have one nearby.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hi, I live in northern lower MI - about an hour from Mackinac. I can totally understand your frustration with the weather. I have been out walking and jogging with my hat, mittens and scarf. I joined MFP last month and have been very happy with the support and ideas from everyone. I have gotten a friend in Ypsi to start the C25K program with me this week. Tomorrow will be week 1 day 3 and so far I have been able to jog all 8 min each day. We are planning to jog in the Saulte Saint Marie 5K in April. Once it starts snowing, I guess I will have to train on the treadmill :cry: .... Here is link to find 5Ks in MI

http://www.runmichigan.com/calendar/cal_results.php?eventMonth=4&eventYear=2010&eventName=&eventDistance=&Submit=Sort+Events

If you decide to try it or join us, I can send you a link to free music for the program. I will send you a friend request... Victoria
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I live in Westland, about 20 min outside of Detroit
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I live in Westland, about 20 min outside of Detroit

Hey, me too! I am originally from Dearborn but my boyfriend grew up in Westland and we just bought a house there a couple months ago.
  • janessmi
    Options
    I live in SW Michigan - Saint Joseph\Benton Harbor. Today is great but last week was pretty cool. I still try to walk at lunch time. We have a path around the pond so it is kind pretty.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm in MI too.....against my will :happy: My husband was born and raised here - I'm in southern MI.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I hope people in southern MI are doing better than up here in the north. Today is cold and wet. At least it is raining and not snowing. This time last year we had snow on the ground and didn't see land until April... I had to break down and use the treadmill and a DVD today :sad: I much prefer to get outside in the fresh air. The winter will be long enough to exercise inside. Good luck getting a workout in and staying warm.
  • jwilson56
    Options
    My wife and I are in Dearborn and just joined together.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I'm from Northern Lower Michigan too! A little south of Traverse City! It is cold and rainy, yuck! :grumble:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many Michiganders here. The weather was beautiful here this afternoon (after a crappy morning) and enjoyed a nice walk. I'm in Ann Arbor!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I have had to move my workouts inside due to cold and rainy weather - at least it's not snow. I've been getting 45 to 90 min of exercise a day between workout videos and the treadmill. Today was a surprise, I went shopping with company in Mackinac and was shocked to learn that shopping burns calories. What a treat - go shopping and burn calories - what better way to exercise is there? My advice of the day - if your not motivated to exercise, go to the mall or a tourist city and shop for several hours - I burned 1200 calories shopping for 5 hours :happy: How are the rest of you doing exercising in our great MI weather?
  • jwilson56
    Options
    My wife and I use a treadmill and a recumbent bike along with some free weights. I have a TV setup with a Tivo like setup so we can watch recorded TV shows while we do our workout. Helps with the boredom factor.