Sherlock Holmes BBC

2»

Replies

• Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    really enjoy this show!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    It's quality stuff isn't it? An American production company wanted to nab the format for themselves but the writers were too busy and didn't like their plans so said no. The US company instead made 'Elementary' which supposedly has a character called Sherlock Holmes in it but not much else to connect it with Conan Doyle's original premise.

As to a third series, it hasn't been made yet and there will be a wait. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss are busy with Dr Who, Martin Freeman is filimng The Hobbit in NZ, and Benedict Cucumber is filming for the next Star Trek film, in which he's the principle villain.

I accidently bought season 2 without realizing it, but I know so much about sherlock holmes that I jumped right in. LOVE MORIARTY he has such dark evil eyes and he plays the part so well. I just ordered Season 1 and I am super excited to get it in the mail, haven't been this impatient for a package in a long time lol! Just the camera effects and the cheeky references to the original sherlock holmes stories alone make if great. Took it to my parents house and got my mom addicted. Brits know how to make great TV shows. My dad likes one about an older lady (it's a guy dressed up like a lady) it's a comedy show. Can't remember what it's called but I remember her waxing herself and the strip was on the floor and her grandson kept stomping it cause he thought it was a rodent lol.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Love this show. I remember when I sat down and watched the first one, realizing later they each episode was like a mini movie. lol I'm curious to see what Elementary brings to the table.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Does your local PBS station run the British sitcoms? We have them from 7-11:30 on Saturday nights and then a few through the week. I can't get enough of them.

If you haven't found it yet, look up Father Ted on Netflix. Hi-larious.

I love Father Ted. I've also watched blackadder, it crowd, coupling, young ones, absolutely fab, and some more. I love the British humor.

I'll check out my PBS to see what's on, thanks for the tip!!!

Me, too! We get Are You Being Served?, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By, The Vicar of Dibley and Doc Martin. We used to get Last of the Summer Wine, which the boyfriend loved but I thought was so-so. Unfortunately, none of those except Doc Martin are on streaming, but Netflix does have them on DVD. Doc Martin is fantastic, though. Another we found on streaming is called Come Fly with Me (I think -- something like that). It's a British spoof of a documentary about an airline in a busy airport. It's fabulous. And i watched a few episodes of The Book Group, but it's very dark humor and I'm not quite sure if I like it.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    My dad likes one about an older lady (it's a guy dressed up like a lady) it's a comedy show. Can't remember what it's called but I remember her waxing herself and the strip was on the floor and her grandson kept stomping it cause he thought it was a rodent lol.

'Mrs Brown's Boys' coarse but very funny
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    We are watching season two right now and I love this show...just wish that it wasn't so long inbetween 3 episode seasons!