When Will I Learn??

Options
Yesterday, I forgot my lunch/snack at home. So after my workout and now it is 3:30 pm (and I had only had breakfast), I was starving. I had the brilliant idea to stop and grab a Wendy's hamburger. Oh the agony. After about an half an hour, my body was definitely mad at me. Then guess what??? I did it again for dinner... Husband was working on his car off and on when he got home. So instead of making dinner (that we wouldn't be able to sit down and eat), I ordered pizza. So thought I was okay, but this morning, my body is not happy. My stomach has been in turmoil all day. I finally ate some chicken noodle soup.

Why do I do this? I know the effect of eating crap does to my body now, but I still do it. I don't eat crap food too often anymore (thank goodness), but why do I chance it sometimes?

Is there anything that is somewhat healthy to grab on the go when on the road?

Replies

• Kimberley_allyssia
    Options
    I love making my own pizza's - I use a wrap - like warburtons etc, slodge some tomato puree onto it and load it with veg and shredded chicken (minimum amount of cheese as I don't get on with it!) - then whack it under the grill for a few mins and its done!!
    They taste sooooooooo nice as well.xx
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has some of my favorite salads! And they come in half sizes too.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I keep protien bars around. I like Quest brand, but some people say they are awful. Guess it just depends on what you like
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/home.asp
  • GeorgiaTina
    Options
    I think we all do it. Really, we all forget and do things that are convenient. Last week I forgot my lunch almost every day! I ate a Wendy's salad three days in a row...geez.

It's a new day!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I keep protien bars around. I like Quest brand, but some people say they are awful. Guess it just depends on what you like
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/home.asp
    I love them, then again some people are used to "candy" bars that pose as nutritional bars (Luna, Lara, Cliff, Supreme Protein,etc).
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    Wendy's has some of my favorite salads! And they come in half sizes too.

this!
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When we're out find ourselves at McDonalds, I get a grilled chicken snack wrap (honey mustard for me) and a parfait-- total 400 calories for 20 grams protein. (cheap, too)

This usually holds me until we get home and I can eat some veggies.
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hard to eat a salad while driving :( When I forget and have time to sit down, I stop by Subway. But again , I think that would be hard to eat while driving. I normally pack eat lunch before heading out and pack a snack, but sometimes I forget and then after my workout I am starving and don't have time to stop in and sit down somewhere.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My favorite stuff on the go (I forget my lunch a lot too, I'm trying to do better but I'm just forgetful sometimes) - grilled chicken salad from Jack in the box. The whole thing with dressing and croutons only puts me back 330 calories and I get 29 protein. Steamed chicken and veggies from any chinese restaurant. 240 cal for 2 cups of it and so filling! I like to add a side of egg drop soup sometimes for 146 calories for the whole thing (my chinese restaurant serves it in a 2 cup container). Wendy's ultimate chicken grill no sauce 1/2 bun = 245 cal. Subway - Oven roasted chicken breast spinach salad, all veggies except olives, no cheese = 110 calories. I sometimes add cheese to it for an extra 50 calories and then I put fat free italian pack for 25 cal. Best of all, I don't feel like crap after!
  • DeeMcG11
    DeeMcG11 Posts: 21
    Options
    Keep some lean cuisines in your freezer. I don't recomend them all the time, but are good for every now and then to avoid ordering pizza :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell has their fresco menu (also known as the drive through diet). Most of the stuff like the tacos can't be eaten while driving, but the grilled chicken or steak burritos certainly can be (trust me I've done it). I think it's either 320 or 380 calories. Can't remember. But they're pretty yummy and satisfying.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Subway- any salad or 6 inch sub off the lower fat menu. The chili at Wendy's or one of their salads (not easy to do while driving however). Order a thin crust veggie pizza and eat a big salad first. I also will drag out the cut up veggies to munch on while I wait for delivery. Then I'm quite full by the time it gets there and I don't eat very much.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Never an excuse to eat badly - there are always options....

Mever leave your house without and apple, a bottle of water and a protien bar - you just never know when/if you will need it! Its like carrying your keys to me!