Hating my NSVs these days. Appreciate some help

Options
13»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Your pictures aren't very helpful in trying to understand what you describe. You look typical. I don't see where your body is so out of the norm. But to help you out, you should try Nordstrom.com for hard to find bra's.

Yeah, I don't tend to post my belly kid top flood pant pictures showing off my gut rolls, sorry. I'm sure I have some around tho lol. There's a pic of a pair of cargo shorts that are nearly falling off of me (I actually had to tuck down my underwear) because the size smaller cut off my circulation. The pink shorts I'm wearing are suppose to lay on your hips in my profile pic. The're elastic though so they start off there and slide up to about where they are in that pic. The size large did the same thing except they weren't tight enough around my waist so there was just a pair of pants sliding up my body and half of it wasn't touching me so I went for the mediums. That's actually why I cut the rest of the pic off. It looked like I was wearing Erkle pants.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I wear a 32F and like bras from the brand "Panache" sold on barenecessities.com, I own 4 of their bras in the same size and they all fit the same way (true to my measurements), so I say if you really are confident on the size order from them online.

When you say you are 28DD, what does that mean? My measurement around my ribs is actually 29.5 but that translates to 32 in the bra world.
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    I totally get the bra issue too. I'm a 32G but I wear a 34DD/E because they're easier to find. It's still hard to find ones that look right though! Go to a bra boutique. They cary all kinds of crazy sizes.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I wear a 32F and like bras from the brand "Panache" sold on barenecessities.com, I own 4 of their bras in the same size and they all fit the same way (true to my measurements), so I say if you really are confident on the size order from them online.

When you say you are 28DD, what does that mean? My measurement around my ribs is actually 29.5 but that translates to 32 in the bra world.
    Measurement around my bra band is 25 inches ->25+3 = 28 band length
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Measurement around my bra band is 25 inches ->25+3 = 28 band length

Okay just checking before I recommend you buy a bunch of expensive 28DDs. I do recommend checking out Panache, I have never been happier with my big boobs lol.
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    For bras, you could try checking out Fredericks of Hollywood as well. My best friend is a 42DDD & orders bras from there online. She has a hard time finding her size, not to mention supportive bras.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    For bras, you could try checking out Fredericks of Hollywood as well. My best friend is a 42DDD & orders bras from there online. She has a hard time finding her size, not to mention supportive bras.
    The smallest they have is 32DD, far to big for me.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Your pictures aren't very helpful in trying to understand what you describe. You look typical. I don't see where your body is so out of the norm. But to help you out, you should try Nordstrom.com for hard to find bra's.

Yeah, I don't tend to post my belly kid top flood pant pictures showing off my gut rolls, sorry. I'm sure I have some around tho lol. There's a pic of a pair of cargo shorts that are nearly falling off of me (I actually had to tuck down my underwear) because the size smaller cut off my circulation. The pink shorts I'm wearing are suppose to lay on your hips in my profile pic. The're elastic though so they start off there and slide up to about where they are in that pic. The size large did the same thing except they weren't tight enough around my waist so there was just a pair of pants sliding up my body and half of it wasn't touching me so I went for the mediums. That's actually why I cut the rest of the pic off. It looked like I was wearing Erkle pants.

ADD:
    Also I didn't add any pics. Was wondering if you were being a rude and saucy B!%@#, I guess this thread explains it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/688829-vanity-avatars
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed is you're talking about jeans in odd number sizes, which is junior sizing. Junior's are cut for those with a straight up and down figure, so if you have a waist and hips, they're not going to work for you.

I'm typically a 7 or 9 in juniors, and they gap at the waist, but a 2 or 4 in misses fits properly.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ok try Maurice's. They carry silver jeans which I noticed you said you like and they have a punch card system and awesome sales regularly. I am 5'9" with a 35" inseam so I feel your pain! But they're shirts are also pretty long. When I put them on they come down an inch or two past my belt. They do have some shirts that are too short for me but for the most part I can wear any of them.

Also if the price tag isn't an issue try the buckle. I buy the bke brand which is their store brand which makes them the cheapest but i honestly like them better than silvers. But the buckle never run sales worth my time which is why I go to maurice's....hope that helps!
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Also....I saw these things on tv (you can get them at bed bath and beyond in their as seen on tv section). You wear them on the lower part of your torso and it looks like you are wearing a tank top under your shirt and gives the layering effect. Just a thought....
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have similar problems and have all of my life. I am only 5'4" but I have a 25 inch waist and 39 inch hips. Finding pants/jeans to fit is difficult. So, as one person said already go with misses sizes. Also, and I hate to say it but, find a good tailor. I resisted this for so many years, but as soon as I had some pants and even jeans altered by a good tailor I was sold. Buy pants that fit in the butt/thighs and length the way you want them and then bring them in for altering in the waist. Trust me.

Lucky Brand "sweet n low" jeans fit me pretty well, so try them if you haven't already.

Sorry, can't help on the bra. I am an odd size too, but I can usually get 32C to work for me.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    The first thing I noticed is you're talking about jeans in odd number sizes, which is junior sizing. Junior's are cut for those with a straight up and down figure, so if you have a waist and hips, they're not going to work for you.

I'm typically a 7 or 9 in juniors, and they gap at the waist, but a 2 or 4 in misses fits properly.
    Not juniors.
    Also....I saw these things on tv (you can get them at bed bath and beyond in their as seen on tv section). You wear them on the lower part of your torso and it looks like you are wearing a tank top under your shirt and gives the layering effect. Just a thought....
    I have a couple long tank tops. The problem there is the shirts that are 2 short are often to wide...and to short for the long shirt thing...it just looks really wrong...Like I'm a square box or the shirt still looks overly short. I even tried black tank tops with black short tops.
    I have similar problems and have all of my life. I am only 5'4" but I have a 25 inch waist and 39 inch hips. Finding pants/jeans to fit is difficult. So, as one person said already go with misses sizes. Also, and I hate to say it but, find a good tailor. I resisted this for so many years, but as soon as I had some pants and even jeans altered by a good tailor I was sold. Buy pants that fit in the butt/thighs and length the way you want them and then bring them in for altering in the waist. Trust me.

Lucky Brand "sweet n low" jeans fit me pretty well, so try them if you haven't already.

Sorry, can't help on the bra. I am an odd size too, but I can usually get 32C to work for me.

Like I said I already tried 5 tailors. I even had stuff designed from scratch. Only one of those pants worked out. It's also rough because it's to big in the legs and waist if it fits in the bum.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!