What do you do

Options
BrandiL83
BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
What do you do when the restaurant you order food from doesn't have a nutritional guide or info? Besides not eat there?

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Just use common sense when ordering. by this I mean, stay away from fried foods, and stick to lean cuts of meat or chicken or fish. If you geta salad, do a lower calorie dressing (just ask if they have those options, usually they will have at least one).
    Stay away from apetizers and free bread, when you get an entree see if you can trade the potatoes for mixed veggies or something like that. You probably are starting to get a good idea of whats healthy (or not)
    The point of this website should be to train us to eat correctly, so eventually you should be able to gauge things like this on your own. Just pay attention, and you can do this!! :happy:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    That would be 90% of the restaurants I go to......... I just avoid greasy fried foods (deep fried anything & french fries etc), heavy sauces and have grilled chicken /fish or steak with vegetables / salad and/or a baked potato (calories be damned, I need a little sour cream with my spud). Just use your best judgment and leave some on the plate if the portions are ridiculously large.