73 Pounds Down w/ Photos

jms3533
jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
Since October 2011, I have lost 73 pounds. I started on MFP in February 2012, because I wanted a way of tracking my intake. I got much more than a diary tracking system. I have terrific MFP buddies now! Short history, I started in October 2011, but got serious right after the holidays. I did a plant based diet only for 4-5 months, which accelerated my weight loss. I then added seafood, and some dairy. I am still am not eating meats or drinking alcohol this year. My goal is to lose 100 pounds by the end of this year.

I find that the key is entering every thing that goes in my mouth in my diary. I also weigh and measure my intake. I have become an exercise junkie, can't get enough of it. I registered for my first triathlon in October. I eat most of my exercise calories back. I work full-time, so my day is pretty full after I add all my exercise and four 10-hour employment days to my week. I am an active MFPer, and have a bit of a tough love approach to my friend's list. If you are active, sign in regularly, keep an open diary, are serious, and comment on other folks successes, you stay on my friend's list. I keep it small for a reason, so I can be as supportive as possible.

At the holiday function, where the "before" photo was taken, I was sitting with a couple that had each just lost about 70 pounds recently. They were such an inspiration to me. I swore right then, that at the next holiday function, I would be wearing my little black dress. I'm well on my way to the dress!

I have lost 11 pounds since the "after" shot shown below. It was taken in June 2012.

Edit: Need to load photos separately, so they show up better.

AFter-1.jpg

Holiday2011Crop.jpg

Replies

• VeeGeeMom
    VeeGeeMom Posts: 21 Member
    You are amazing and such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing the pics!
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    WOW! Amazing job!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    You truly are an inspiration! You are doing awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • kechelle71
    kechelle71 Posts: 10 Member
    Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!! well done you must be so proud :wink:
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    You look amazing!!! Great job!!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,064 Member
    Thank you for sharing your weight loss story and pics. You look fantastic. I also am trying to do mostly plant based foods with fish here and there.
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    great job! You look wonderful!
  • DeterminedRealist
    DeterminedRealist Posts: 21 Member
    Hepburn has nothing on you my friend! So very happy for your awesome progress.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    WOW, you have done really well! I'm very proud of you :))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!