A question just for girls

Options
How do you curb your cravings during your period?

Replies

• kimberjones
    Options
    I don't normally 'curb' them. I meet them just with a small amount (hopefully!) of what I'm craving. I try to determine what food I want based on the following criteria:

salty or sweet
    crunchy or soft
    spicy or mild

Then I find something that fits and have that. Usually that works for me. Sometimes a good dill pickle does the trick! :wink:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I simply don't really. I just don't go crazy but I still have my chocolate/candy/sweets but in a smaller portion AND I still exercise! :glasses:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I am nearing the end of that road. Well at least I keep hoping I am.
    For me it always depended on the craving. If it was salty I'd go for popcorn over chips. Less salt and less fat. The times I did choose chips made me retain enough water to make me not want to do it again.
    If it's chocolate I have some. I just said this on another thread. I let myself have 6 dark chocolate kisses a day. Somedays I eat all 6, somedays I don't eat any. But I know if I want some chocolate I can have it. That in itself helps me to not crave it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    I cannot control it at all....I just work out more and eat it anyway! I tried to fight it but I LOVE junk food.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I personally have a little bit of whatever I'm craving. Or I find a way to make it healthier -- I love to cook & bake so I've just been developing new healthier recipes for all my old favorites. Last week during my TOM I was craving cheesecake so I made a pumpkin cheesecake with 150 calories/slice. It was delicious & certainly satisfied my craving.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't. The week before I seem to be insatiable, and it's hard to practice restraint. I try, but hunger usually wins. I figure we must be hungry for a reason during that time.
  • wendylea
    Options
    pumpkin cheesecake!! that sounds yummy!!
    what is the recipe, if you don't mind sharing!!!
    ps. when "grandma" comes to town, I eat what I am craving-workout-and do it all within reason!!
    It is just how we girls were made :):wink:
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Duct Tape :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i don't even try, i just try to make healthier choices and not eat a ton. last tom i was craving a banana split from Dq, so i got one and only ate less then half and gave the rest to my bf.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The week before I'm bad, like RIGHT NOW. I have to kick myself in the butt and force myself to plan meals out. Today I was good. Yesterday I te a package of peperidge farm cookies. Keep yourself busy
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I personally have a little bit of whatever I'm craving. Or I find a way to make it healthier -- I love to cook & bake so I've just been developing new healthier recipes for all my old favorites. Last week during my TOM I was craving cheesecake so I made a pumpkin cheesecake with 150 calories/slice. It was delicious & certainly satisfied my craving.

I'd love the pumpkin cheesecake recipe too, please :smile: