Can you look at my food diary?

Options
Hey everyone,

I need help with my food. I have left my diary open... I had a small piece of black forest cake this morning and put 200 (it was the half of its regular porportion).

Can you please provide me with some inpute on how I am doing with my food?

Would appreciate it!

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to say. Stop using the quick calories function. You can't be doing more than guessing what you are eating, you might as well not track at all. You could be going way over or way under on calories.

How much sugar? How much fat? How much protein? Nobody knows.

I have never not found something at least similar to what I consumed, even when eating a a non-chain restaurant. Work on just properly logging for a few weeks, then you can work on improving your diet.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to say. Stop using the quick calories function. You can't be doing more than guessing what you are eating, you might as well not track at all. You could be going way over or way under on calories.

How much sugar? How much fat? How much protein? Nobody knows.

I have never not found something at least similar to what I consumed, even when eating a a non-chain restaurant. Work on just properly logging for a few weeks, then you can work on improving your diet.

There is no way to tell since nearly everything is entered as quick calories. You really need to take the time to really log the actual food so you can track your nutrition. It also appears that you are not eating enough calories daily. You should NET no less than 1220 a day.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What the above poster said, also i feel you are not eating enough. At 14 lbs to go, which means you are already at a healthy weight, you shouldnt be aiming for more than a 1/2 lb per week loss (20% below tdee is actually a better method). Also, do you exercise?
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Eat a lot more. Stop quick adding calories so often (if you're going to track, be a little more accurate), and maybe try some real food instead of candy and meal replacement bars and snacks.

Set your MFP goal to lose 1/2 lb per week. Eat all of those calories. It's a goal, not a limit. If you exercise and track it here, eat all or most of the calories you are burning.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You need to start logging your foods correctly to get an accurate account of your calories, nutrients etc. It takes a few days of proper logging to get your own "database" set up but it's worth it to get a proper reading at the end of your day.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Waaaay too many quick add calories. We can't help if we don't know what you eat.

On top of that, if your quick add calories are accurate, you may be eating too little. I saw at least one 600 calorie day.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I used to only look at calories but now Im looking more and more at protein, sodium and fat. If you do quick add, you wont be able to see the other parts of the food. Just a thought.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a few days, but where is the fruit and veg and real food? You can't live off meal replacements and cake for breakfast....
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    What works for me is looking up everything on the database, I know it can take time, but once they are added in your own database you can get a much better idea of things.

Also, it will help you when you go food shopping because you won`t have to read packets, you will start to understand better what fats/proteins/carbs/sugar/sodium you are putting into your shopping basket.

Ultimately, this will help you make better choices.

Think like you are learning a whole new subject at school and you have to start with the basics to move forward.

I am sure it will make thing so much easier for you in the long run, it certainly has for me :-)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Take the time to look things up! It can be a pain but quick adding, while convenient, doesn't show you the details...yeah you may be eating your goal but is it all chips and junk? If you ever want to review and compare, you won't be able to because you won't remember what that "quick add" was.

Also, don't net under 1200...

I admit, I use quick add occasionally but usually I do it when I look something up and just can't find it - for example, I had "tuna 80 calorie cups" the other day and I knew it was in the list but for the life of me, i couldn't find it...i quick added the 80 then went back and searched again later when i had the time and deleted the quick add and replaced
  • anahita84
    anahita84 Posts: 44
    Options
    Thank you all - I will start entering in the foods properly and I will also try to use WHOLE foods the most.

Thanks again :) I will post up my diary next week tuesday to get your insight.