Over on sugar, under on calories

Options
I need some suggestions on ways to get more calories, while eating less sugar. I usually get right at 1200 cals, sometimes up to a 100 over, a couple of days a little under (but I try not to do that). 1200 is what MFP has alotted for me. I feel like I'm getting plenty to eat.

However, today when I looked at sugar, I noticed that I was about twice the limit, due to my fruit intake. I originally had planned blueberries (in my oatmeal), strawberries, a peach, and an apple for today. I also had a yogurt and carrotts. I have cinnamon with my oatmeal, to control sugar and also try to eat proteins with my fruit but was surprised to be twice the limit when I looked. As I have already eaten the blueberries, strawberries, and yogurt today, I removed the carrots, peach, and apple. I'm still about 8 over on sugar and nearly 250 under on cals.

What can I eat to get the cals. but not get the sugar? I really only have 2 left on fat., so not sure what to do. As it stands, this is my plan for today and this is pretty representative of most days, with the exception of what I now have removed....

oatmeal w/water, cinnamon and blueberries
two boiled eggs
tuna, 2tbsp onion, 3/4 tbsp mayo, large tomato, strawberries
light yogurt
Friggo cheese stick (sometimes I have almonds instead)
grilled chicken on 2 cups of mixed lettuce, steamed broccoli with trace margarine

I could add a sweet potato but that would still drive up the sugar wouldn't it? Other veggies, won't add much cals. I don't know what other proteins I could eat that wouldn't include too much fat. Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ignore the sugar limit, MFP sets it far too low.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Watch added sugars ... those are much less desirable. Fruits have so many vital nutrients & fiber, that I wouldn't worry too much. Now, if you are skipping veggies, or skipping protein in lieu of fruit .... then it's not good.