Getting Serious

Options
mackie121
mackie121 Posts: 32 Member
Hi, I’m sort of new. I’ve been using this site off and on for the past 2 months but now I really want to get serious. I’m going to be a sophomore in college. I’m struggled with my weight all of my life I guess… I mean to be honest my weight isn’t really something I’ve paid much attention too (for better or worse). However, last year the freshmen 15 hit me hard and I gained the true 15 lbs.
Usually my problem is this… when my weight goes over 150 (149 is the cut off between healthy and overweight for my height), I’ll freak out a bit and start dieting and workout like crazy then when my weight is back down to like mid-40s I adopt a “good enough” attitude and lose motivation. I don’t want that to happen this time. I don’t want to hover right at healthy and overweight! I want to be strictly healthy. Ironically, a big hindrance for me is my confidence… I know it sounds odd but my confidence beats out my motivation as soon as I start looking good… To prevent this I have really set goals which will hopefully inspire my desire to succeed. I don’t have much weight to lose.
SW: 161 lbs.
CW: 143 lbs.
1st Goal: 130 lbs.
2nd Goal: 125 (if I feel that 125 is a weight I will be able to maintain)
I want to do this before December, which should be easily do-able if I stick to it :happy: So I’m looking for some motivation especially with returning to school soon…

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    good luck. best advice i can give you:

1. log your food BEFORE you eat it, either the night before, or right before you eat.
    2. don't neglect strength training. most people try and lose weight with cardio alone, but strength training is essential too.
    3. sign up for a race to have something to strive for. how does a thanksgiving morning 5k turkey trot sound? give you four months to train for it.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I am on here everyday. I am a sophomore as well, returning to school August 17th!! IJust hit my goal weight for the start of the rugby season, but I have a lot more to lose. I will definitely need the motivation during school!
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

I'm kinda new here too! Good luck with your goals! They seem reasonable. Something I would recommend, use and abuse the gym at your school! I did this while I was in college and it seemed to help...A LOT! Also, look at it more as a lifestyle change, not just a weight loss system. This seems to work best to keep it going. I wish you luck, and feel free to add me as a friend if you want too!