Sugar???

Options
TeeA86
TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
I seem to go over my sugar every day... When I look back on my diary, it is mainly from a cup or two of fruit juice, a fruit, or milk. Should I worry about these sugars? Could that affect my weight loss?

Replies

• missnatasha2011
    Options
    you shouldn't worry about the sugars from the fruit but definitely from the milk and fruit juice.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't worry about the sugars from the fruit but definitely from the milk and fruit juice.

^^ This
  • SophieW1988
    Options
    Do not worry about sugars from fruit, but do not go overboard either. I like to keep my fruits to no more than 3 per day.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I go over every day!
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Do not worry about sugars from fruit, but do not go overboard either. I like to keep my fruits to no more than 3 per day.

^^ This. I limit my fruit intake to no more than 2-3 per day too.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

^^ This

LMAO
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think you should limit fruit juice or even better eliminate from your diet entirely. However in my opinion, sugar from fruits and milk is okay as these provide other health benefits.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't even track sugar. I make sure that i get enough protein and fiber and that I don't go over my calorie goal.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Fruit is a good place to get sugar, but you should still try to stay under. I don't eat fruit because of it's high sugar content, unless as a treat. It has it's good points, yes, but you have to be careful not to overdo it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Milk is a nutritional bargain. I'd give up the fruit juice and replace it with whole fruit, but milk provides so much for so little.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with milk sugar?? I eat plain greek yogurt all the time and it has 8g of sugar. Way worth it considering the calcium and protein!!

MFP's sugar guideline is too low low low. I ignore it.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I always go over too as my unhealthy snacks have been replaced with fruit. Try and stick to the berry family (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries) as they have the least sugar content. The thing to remember is your body burns sugar first when you start exercising as it's the easiest thing. Obviously when you hit the gym this sugar will be the first thing to get burned off... not your fat.

I try and keep my fruit consumption before 2pm every day.

Good luck xx
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    There has not been one day that I haven't gone over my sugar limit, and it's not slowing my progress the least bit. Relax,you're fine. :drinker:
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Stick to berries...sugar is sugar.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Fruit juice is known to be one of the worse sources of sugar for a dieter. Eating fruit, in moderation, is okay. Fruit juice doesn't satisfy your appetite and just gives you the hungries when the sugar starts wearing off. If you aren't dieting, it shouldn't pose as bad a problem, but the effect is the same.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    I could careless for sugar. I go over every single day and I dont even consume juice, mix drinks or any other sweetened beverages. I stick to water 8-12 classes per day and rarely eat fruits, yet..I still go over my daily sugar intake.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I could careless for sugar. I go over every single day and I dont even consume juice, mix drinks or any other sweetened beverages. I stick to water 8-12 classes per day and rarely eat fruits, yet..I still go over my daily sugar intake.

I do too......
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

^^ This

LMAO

Aww! I was waiting on your to chime in with "explain how sugar from fruits is metabolically different then sugar from a candy bar" I am disappointed! :)
  • StellaIsis
    Options
    Sugars that aren't natural, such as in fruit, aren't good for our bodies. They can cause yeast infections, bloat, and fat build-up. It's a big struggle for me, too, as I'm a big tea drinker and LOVE sugar in my tea!

27121080.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • askinnybanana13
    Options
    No, I do not count the sugar that was taken in by fruit. if you have any issues with diabetes then I would speak to your doctor about what you sugar level should be at, but otherwise enjoy your fruit. Another one that is easy to go over is the fiber, by lunch time I am always in the red zone and was told by mom doctor that unless it is uncomfortable to use the bathroom than there is no such thing as to much natural source fiber (not from supplements or fiber powders)