Sweat off the fat, not the makeup!

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I personally would never bother to put on makeup at the gym, but I'm also relatively sure that if someone is looking at me during Zumba class, they're not noticing my awesome chin acne, they're noticing my mad white girl dancing skills.

That being said, I understand why some women would want to wear makeup to the gym. Like a previous poster said, makeup is a shield. If someone wants to wear makeup to the gym, who cares? Me personally, I sweat like a sumo wrestler running the Boston Marathon, so I'm pretty sure I'd look like a dead alley hooker at the end of my class.
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lol, that's what I get for commenting on my phone that has auto correct. That's supposed to say that I run at local parks in the area. I didn't catch the mistake before. Sorry about that.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    make up, no make up - your choice but please......don't bathe in perfume before hitting the gym or the trail.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    make up, no make up - your choice but please......don't bathe in perfume before hitting the gym or the trail.

I bathe in Off! Skintastic and still have bugs chase me around. I can't imagine wearing perfume intentionally to run!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    A lot of people go straight to the gym after work/running errands/etc so make up has already been applied. I personally don't waste extra time taking it all off before I work out.. I just leave it alone.

As far as that list, Baby Lips is really thin and wears quickly for me.. I have to reapply it often. I prefer EOS lip balm.
    Eyeliner, my usual ELF gel liner for the upper lash line + Urban Decay liner on the lower lashline (with black powder over it to set it) always stays really well.
    NO lip gloss will stay so that one's a joke, lol. Or any lip products for that matter.
    Blush never stays.. nor highlighter or bronzer. I really like Lorac's translucent powder though. It stays really well for me.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    This...PLEASE......
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There is an an article in the July/August issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers about Meltproof Makeup, make up that stays on as you sweat the fat off.
    In the article it gives the following make up to use:
    Degree Women Clinical Protection - apply at night for next day freshness
    Laura Mercier Foundation Premier - use to keep make up in place
    Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat - your fav mascara becomes waterproof with a layer of this quick dry topper
    L'Oreal Paris Infallible Le Gloss - perfect for bright long wear hues without the stickiness
    Maybelline Baby Lips Repairing Lip Balm - helps shield your pucker
    MAC Pro Longwear Eye Shadow - Creamy, saturated shades keep eyes shiny and bright
    Stila Smudge Crayons Waterproof Primer + Shadow + Liner - A shimmery multitasking must
    IT Cosmetics Live, Love, Laugh Anti-Aging Vitality Face Disc - All in one bronzer, blush, and luminizer

Now, there are a couple of these that can be found at like Walgreens and Walmart, but most of them cannot. What have you used and love? What do you wear when you want a bit of war paint on but don't want it to come of with the fat?

This is pretty awesome. I don't go "out of my way" to put on makeup for the gym, but I usually go from work so I'm wearing it anyway or if my skin isn't looking great, I'll put a little foundation on. It's a comfort thing and if you think you're badass for not wearing makeup, you're not. I also choose to match what I'm wearing most of the time, is there something wrong with that?! :noway:
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the list :) Not necessarily for working out - but I tend to be a sweathog in general - especially in the 100+ weather we've had and I will def check into some of these items. Myself, I love urban decay eyeliner - my Friday morning application will last me the weekend sometimes - thru workouts, showers, etc... after my Monday morning shower I'm ready for more :laugh: By the way, Sephora is a great source for a lot of these items - we have one in ourJ.C. Penneys too :smile:
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    This will come in handy for my wedding next month!! Thanks!
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup when I compete in horse shows. it makes me feel more confident and the pictures look better :) that said, I'm sometimes competing in 90+ degree temps, galloping and jumping. "Sweaty" is an understatement. Thanks for the tips!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I work out right after I get out of work... and I do have makeup on. However if it sweats off or smudges I don't care haha - I don't put too much on anyway.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I usually have makeup on at the gym because I go straight after class or work, but I don't see why you'd care if it stays on once you're there. Even if you're going somewhere after i'd re-apply since your sweaty self will need a shower.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I've never had any issues with this. I don't put makeup on before going to workout except sometimes some powder over my blemishes if I have any. I do go to the gym in eye makeup sometimes if I already had it on before the gym and I've never had issues with it running or anything... I just use regular cheap stuff that you get at drug stores.. Not waterproof.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I feel uncomfortable running without my lip balm (i actually think i am addicted to it). if i need an extra boost of confidence, I'll throw on some eyeliner. woo hooo :tongue:
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Considering that of late, my workouts involve rolling out of bed, throwing on some random shorts and t-shirt, yanking my hair back in a ponytail (without even brushing) and hitting the elliptical in my basement, I don't worry too much about my appearance. Afterwards I hit the shower, wash my face, and put on makeup for my workday.

On another note, I have noticed that my skin has been better lately (not as many breakouts) since I've been exercising regularly. Has this happened to anyone else? Theories on why--more blood flow, more water intake, or ???
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wear makeup in hiking dates because it's good to look cute on dates, regardless of what you're going to be doing :laugh:

i tend to just go with lighter coverage so instead of trying to pull of some vampy smokey eye whorishness. so i wear i'll wear a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen (which is just a mix of my moisturizer and a little foundation for color), a waterproof mascara and a tinted lip balm

if i'm going to the gym i always wash my face first before starting. i tend to go crazy beast mode in the gym and make up just ends up running in my eyes and stinging them.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    <---I wear my makeup like this, everywhere I go, ESPECIALLY to the gym.

Haters just wish they could be so fierce.

hahahahahahaha
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to take a sec and thank you all for your opinions, your advice, and your take on this matter. You are all awesome!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    good Lord a lot of judgey ppl out there about effin makeup!

Some ppl like to wear makeup while working out. Acne scars and potmarks can be embarrassing, and if feeling more confident by wearing makeup gets ppl working out than so be it.

who are any of you to judge that?!
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Not judging--if I was going to a gym where people would see me, sure I'd make a little more effort with the hair and makeup. Whatever makes a person confident enough to actually DO the workout is a good thing. No makeup, full-on done-to-the-max, or anything in between makes no difference to me.

It's great that companies have made products that will stay put in the heat, whether it's due to a workout or just general 100+ degree temps. I can just imagine the agony of having mascara in my eyes while trying to workout!! AAAUUUUUGGGHHH!!!!