Making me NOT want to log on to MFP

Options
kristen5286
kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
That stupid add that drops down and covers everything every time you touch it or refresh the page!!!!!

I want to scream!! I wish there were a way to change the dang ad so that I am not so annoyed and can enjoy MFP like I used to.. this ad has been here waaaay too long!!!

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I never see whatever it is you are talking about. Did you make sure your pop-up blocker is activated (on strong, if there are different settings) for this site? There should be an "X" in the top right corner of the ad when you hover over it and if you click that it should close.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I am on here all the time and go all over and I have never had an ad cover over everything, so am also mystified about what you are experiencing.
  • kristen5286
    Options
    It hasn't always dropped down.. and I have to leave my pop up blocker on b/c of the web site I have to log in for my work ... uggh.. I'll figure something out I suppose
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know what drop down ad you're talking about. Make sure your pop up blocker is activated and it should dissapear. If not, you'll have to close it out every time. :noway:
  • kristen5286
    Options
    ok.. i fixed it!!! thank god!
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey, where do you make your exercise ticker? I can't seem to find it anywhere on MFP.

Thanks
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hey - I complained too in the website forum. I'm pretty sure it's a regional ad so most users don't see it. I live in Galveston and it's an ad for Methodist Hospital (mostly located in Houston).

The hospital is great, but the ad is extremely annoying and I agree, I do not know how much more I can put up with. I know this is a free site, but to have your typing interrupted over and over is wrong. I would rather pay a membership fee than put up with this.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have it here too in NY and the pop up blocker has not stopped it.
    It isn`t just a once off then close it and not see it again,it keeps expanding down the page any time you click on a new page or get the cursor even close to it.

I understand the need to finance the upkeep of the website but to allow an ad that repeatedly covers up the content of the site is not showing great judgement or respect for those that visit.
    Ad rates are based on traffic and hits so it would seem to be wiser to sell ads that don`t make someone wish to avoid the site
  • LSUE
    LSUE Posts: 3
    Options
    :angry: I agree. I have started to check out other sites so I can continue my program, but without the annoying ads. Why can't something be done about this inconvenience.
  • kristen5286
    Options
    Glad to know I am not alone!! Lol.. the ad just dropped while I am typing this! I right clicked it while it was in the way and did Options.. but nothing helpful.. wtf