Is P90x worth it if you have no way to do pullups?

2»

Replies

• GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    They have bands that go through the door crack, and you just close the door. Do the bands. P90X is worth it.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Inverted rowing - place a bar across two sturdy boxes, workbenches, armchair arms etc and pull-up on the bar. All solutions - no excuses!

Make it harder by placing your feet on a chair or box and keeping your legs straight throughout the exercise.
  • pjberube75
    pjberube75 Posts: 9 Member
    You don't NEED to do the pull up parts. You will still get a serious workout if you skip over the pull up parts. Especially if you do the cardo workouts and the ab ripper.
  • pjberube75
    pjberube75 Posts: 9 Member
    Your house doesn't have doors and your walls don't have studs? Do you live in a teepee? I bet your neighbors won't have a single negative thing to say if they saw you actively trying to improve yourself. And maybe 10% of P90x is pull ups. I bet doing 90% of that program would make significant changes in your physique.

Spend less time manufacturing excuses and more time manufacturing change.

haha - teepee

Exactly, 90% is a lot better than nuthin'!! :)
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    They have bands that go through the door crack, and you just close the door. Do the bands. P90X is worth it.

Agreed. The door kit comes with a standard band set from Beachbody... which I know everyone hates on but while I was doing P90X those bands really helped since I wasn't at the point that I could do pull ups and also was on an internship 2300 mi away from home with no dumbbells.

I think I paid $45 for 3 different bands and a door kit. Put it through the top hinge and then do all the pull up exercises with the bands from a seated position.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member

Agreed. The door kit comes with a standard band set from Beachbody... which I know everyone hates on but while I was doing P90X those bands really helped since I wasn't at the point that I could do pull ups and also was on an internship 2300 mi away from home with no dumbbells.

I think I paid $45 for 3 different bands and a door kit. Put it through the top hinge and then do all the pull up exercises with the bands from a seated position.

We found ours at wal-mart for about 25 bucks.
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    I saw on another post someone suggested using a dining room table. Sit underneath and use the edge as a pullup bar.