Suggestions on what to do with Greek yogurt

Options
I'm so sick of eating Greek yogurt....yet I still have about 7 or so left in my fridge that are going to expire by next week...any suggestions on what to do with them? I know I can add them to protein shakes, but do I just blend them with the powder and water in a blender? Any and all suggestions appreciated!

And for the peeps that say, "just throw them away," or even better, "just eat them,".........nah :tongue: That's why I'm asking :happy:

Replies

• xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is how i eat my greek yogurt and i find it very tasty :P

add broken pecans, add flax & chia seeds (about 1 tea spoon each), add about 2 tea spoons of honey and some blueberries and mix it up.

By the way my greek yogurt is PLAIN (less sugar in it) so i dont have a choice to mix something with it or else the taste is very average :P
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Are they flavored? Either way, yeah, add them to smoothies (I'd throw some ice in there too), add some to oatmeal, if it's plain, add fresh fruit and a little honey...maybe try freezing a couple and eating them as frozen treats?
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    I don't bother putting greek yogurt in my protein shakes...

If I want a protein shake, I just use my blender bottle with a high quality protein and shake it up with ice cold water and a bit of almond milk.

But I eat Greek Yogurt everyday too. I also eat this with protein powder... I just stir a high quality powder with an interesting flavor... such as Cinnamon Roll or Banana Pudding into my Greek Yogurt. This way, I feel like I'm getting a special treat. If you just hand-stir in your protein powder and then set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes, the flavor-infused yogurt is thick, creamy and delish.

This is why I don't like to put my yogurt INTO my protein shakes. I don't want to "drink" all of my calories at once! By separating the two, you can have two snacks instead of one... and both are equally wonderful!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This is how i eat my greek yogurt and i find it very tasty :P

add broken pecans, add flax & chia seeds (about 1 tea spoon each), add about 2 tea spoons of honey and some blueberries and mix it up.

By the way my greek yogurt is PLAIN (less sugar in it) so i dont have a choice to mix something with it or else the taste is very average :P

I add honey to it, as mine is plain as well. The nuts and seeds sound good, but the seeds aren't really up my alley and the nuts are pretty caloric...although i do love me some nuts :wink: I'm just tired of eating it out of the cup.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it! Like I said, open to all suggestions :smile:
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Nothing to interesting, but I add blueberries to mine or sugarfree jello. As the other poster stated, I wouldn't add it to the protein powder for the same reason.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Make a nice cooling dip with it, if it's none flavoured

Chopped cucumber, chopped mint and some lemon juice
  • sundaywishes
    Options
    I don't bother putting greek yogurt in my protein shakes...

If I want a protein shake, I just use my blender bottle with a high quality protein and shake it up with ice cold water and a bit of almond milk.

But I eat Greek Yogurt everyday too. I also eat this with protein powder... I just stir a high quality powder with an interesting flavor... such as Cinnamon Roll or Banana Pudding into my Greek Yogurt. This way, I feel like I'm getting a special treat. If you just hand-stir in your protein powder and then set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes, the flavor-infused yogurt is thick, creamy and delish.

This is why I don't like to put my yogurt INTO my protein shakes. I don't want to "drink" all of my calories at once! By separating the two, you can have two snacks instead of one... and both are equally wonderful!

I have a protein shake every morning, along with a half slice of toast and a tbsp of natural PB. And then another shake after my workouts. So I could add the yogurt to my breakfast shake and switch out the toast and PB. Adding the powder to the yogurt sounds like a good idea, but the powder I have right now isn't the best tasting one (I'm dying to get rid of it) so I'm afraid it won't taste so good in the yogurt. Maybe I'll add the powder to yogurt for breakfast instead of doing a shake and the toast and PB so that way I can still have a shake after my work out and be in my calorie range.
  • sundaywishes
    Options
    Nothing to interesting, but I add blueberries to mine or sugarfree jello. As the other poster stated, I wouldn't add it to the protein powder for the same reason.

Jello sounds yummy =)

Not the cleanest thing, but tasty...

Ugh sorry I'm being such a negative Nancy guys :grumble:

I really do appreciate the suggestions!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Mix it with canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and maple syrup :)
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I saw another post on here that used it to make pancakes. I've never tried it, but they looked and sounded yummy!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Mix in some 78% cocoa powder, and blueberries, you can add your none calorie sweetener of choice if you need to, I don't.
  • Itlngrl
    Itlngrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dip strawberries in yogurt and then freeze!
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Tandoori Marinade for chicken:
    Take greek yogurt, season with lemon juice and curry powder then marinate chicken in it for 1-2 hours in the fridge. Cook it on a very hot charcoal grill.

Tatziiki sauce:
    Greek yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice and salt. Great with grilled meats or veggies or just for dipping warm pita.

Low fat cabbage slaw:
    Take fresh chopped cabbage and mix with greek yogurt, lime juice, salt and a little olive oil. Goes great in fish tacos.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/greek-yogurt-pancakes/

Haven't tried it but hear it's really good
  • nocriscoforme
    nocriscoforme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Hersheys unsweentened cocoa powder, a little vanilla and some stevia to sweeten. Tastes like chocolate cheesecake. You can also try using it to make a healthy deviled egg instead of using mayo. Yummy :)
  • nocriscoforme
    nocriscoforme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing except use stevia instead of the maple syrup.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    I use the plain and either:

1) add Fresh chopped strawberries With 1/4 cup of bare naked granola
    Or
    2) add radar farms 3 triple berry blend ( raspberries , blueberries and marionberries) with 1/4 cup of bare naked granola

I also make fruit and berrie smoothies with it
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Mix it with canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and maple syrup :)

Yummy!
  • sundaywishes
    Options
    Wow, these all sound really good! Thank you all! :flowerforyou:
  • jmagdalena707
    jmagdalena707 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I mix it with tuna, to make tuna salad or tuna melts, as a replacement for the mayo.