Going to give it all I've got!

Options
Hi all~

I'll be 46 in two weeks and tired of being overweight. I lost 60 pounds 10 years ago but over time they have all come back. My motivation is high but follow-through is not so good. I'm meeting with my doctor today and going to try to exercising 10 minutes at a time/twice a day.

I joined MFP a year ago and played with it for a few weeks--of course, recording every bite helped me start losing weight! Then I got off track so now I'm back. My day to day schedule is hectic and crazy so it's tough to stay motivated and find time but I'm going to really push myself. Hopefully, getting to know some folks here and having some accountability will help.

Here I go.............

Jen

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You can do it!:happy:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be! The Food Diary is an excellent way to gain knowledge - which gives you the power to pinpoint the problem areas and eliminate them!

You can do this but remember that any step in the right direction means you're still moving forward! Exercising for 10 minutes twice a day is a great start!!! When I started I could not even exercise at all, but now it's become part of my lifestyle over the last five months - but if I had started too fast I would have not been able to keep it up and would have set myself up for failure. So go slow, just keep moving in the right direction! You'll pick up speed of your own accord, and soon you'll look back and not be able to believe how far you've come!

Welcome!
  • Jenbp
    Jenbp Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for the welcome! It's been a tough week but I'm going to do as you said and look at every step ahead as something rather than beating myself up for the slips.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP! Yes everyday is a NEW one, and aren't we lucky for that!!! Trying to lose weight is very hard because we eat for so many reasons but I truly feel that logging EVERY thing we eat, drinking EVERY 64 oz.'s of water and keeping track of WHAT EVER type of exercise/calories burned will get us closer to that goal than yesterday did! Being overweight makes us feel alienated and lonely but with MFP you don't have to feel that way because we ALL are in this group together! I suggest that you find a motivational group to keep yourself accountable, they do help! I joined one today called "Sixers into the holidays" that will run for six weeks, You sure are welcome to join, go to topics, look under motivation & support and look fo the title. They will welcome and encourage you! I truly wish you success!