smoothie

Options
Anyone have an easy, low cal smoothie recipe without banana or protein powder? I thought about just experimenting, but I haven't ever made one except for the frozen base ones I've bought. They have yogurt and fruit. I'd like to add spinach!! TIA.

Replies

• laurahrmn
    laurahrmn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You should google recipes for Green Smoothies. There are a ton of options online, and you can add a ton of different vegetables and fruit. The smoothies are mainly greens, and it's really up to you and what you find you like. Throw some water, spinach, kale leaves, dandelion leaves, really any kind of green you want/like, and add some fruit into a blender. If you only want to use spinach, that's totally fine as well! I found that frozen mangoes are really good in there. I've also used blueberries and strawberries. If you don't want to use bananas though, mangoes will really help with the consistency of the smoothie. I hope this helps! Good luck! :)
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    Thanks! When I looked earlier, most had banana or protein powder. I like the mango idea-I'll experiment with your suggestions.:)