8 Glasses of Water/Day

Options
So I know that you are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, but is it bad to drink more then that or is that just the recommended amount? Since I've started working out more I have noticed that I am drinking a whole lot more water.

Replies

• socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    its the minimum amount of water... drink away...
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    8 is the commonly recommended minimum. Drink up!
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    awesome thanks!
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I drink alot of water as well while I work.. It's good for you .. Great job on drinking alot while you work.. Have a good evening..
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's okay to drink more! 8 cups a day is the recommended -minimum-. :)
  • bronnibee
    bronnibee Posts: 65
    Options
    If your working out you are going to be drinking more. 8 glasses a day is the recommended minimum
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    As said above, its a minimum, I like to keep a 20oz water bottle with me at all times, I usually end up drinking 4 or 5 of them before the day is done.
  • Fluffykristi
    Options
    My doctor told me that the 8 glass standard is a general "one size fits all" standard that is meant for a person in the 120lbs weight range.

To find out how much water YOU should intake, take your weight and divide it in half. That is how many ounces you should drink a day.

For example, I weigh 240 lbs so I should intake over a day 120 ounces (almost a gallon.)
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So how much water are you talking here? The last time around that I attempted to get rid of my excess weight included regular and vigorous exercise and I found at that time that I easily drank 3-4 quarts of water a day, mostly spread throughout the course of my waking hours, and had no ill effects. The only time that drinking large quantities of water is a hazard is when you drink such large quantities in a short period of time, particularly without replacing any electrolytes that you may be losing. If you want to know how far you'd have to go to be close to too far, look up "water intoxication." It's like many things... keep things balanced.
  • cloh72
    cloh72 Posts: 38
    Options
    I heard one time you should drink 64oz of water a day and for every 25 lbs overweight that you are you should drink an extra 8 oz...but drinking a lot is good ...