run times and goals

Options
today I ran my fastest 1.5 miles with a time of 12:51 and just wanted to start a post to see what some good times to aim for are.

I am very happy with the 12:51 but want to get under 11 mins and maybe soon under 10 mins.

Considering I use to have times well over 20 mins and use to weigh about 83 lbs more I am happy with the progress but I know there is always room to improve

Replies

• ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I generally run around a 15:00 1.5 mile, but that is because it is part of a longer run. Just running the 1.5 and stopping, it is between 13-14 min. The best I have done is 12:55.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions on your PB!!!

When I started back with running I was at about a12m/m and am done to a 10.5 m/m for long runs (over 6miles) and about a 9-9.5 m/m for 3 and under.

I am always looking to shave time off my pace.

A great way to speed up is to run a long run, (twice the distance of your short run) at the pace you're comfortable at. And then when you run the shorter distances your pace will quicker. Seems impossible at first to lengthen your distance, but it really helps!

This was advice given to me from a friend, and it worked for me!

Good luck with your goals!!!
  • tookarook
    tookarook Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do long runs too, I can do more than 3 miles on treadmill and so far my longest run without treadmill is 2 miles..trying to get up to 3 miles for future 5k events. I am still not thrilled at running but is getting easier especially after the weight loss

the 12:51 time is on the track not the treadmill...I found treadmill ok for exer and weight loss but for my fitness test I needed to get onto the track and off the machine...at first it was a shock how much different it felt running without the treadmill
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You're definitely on your way! Being "thrilled about running" is just around the corner!

It sounds like you have a good running base, just keep plugging away! Transitioning from the treadmill to outside can break your confidence at first, but it gets better and easier and soon you'll scoff at the idea of getting on the treadmil or dreadmill, as I call it!
  • tookarook
    tookarook Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yes I prefer off the treadmill already ..most of my runs are off the machine now :) I usually just do the treadmill as extra cardio in between my track runs