AT A PLATEAU......HELP ME

Options
I HAVE BEEN STUCK ON A WEIGHT-LOSS PLATEAU FOR A MONTH......I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING, I HAVE BEEN STAYING WITHIN MY CALORIE RANGE AND WORKING OUT 2 DAYS A WEEK, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? IT'S VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!! ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!!!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Your keyboard is broken ?

Your diary is closed and you give no clue about your height / weight / goals / food intake / exercise regime.

So you won't get a lot of useful advice ;-)
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Your keyboard is broken ?

Your diary is closed and you give no clue about your height / weight / goals / food intake / exercise regime.

So you won't get a lot of useful advice ;-)

This
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    how much total weight have you lost? i started a slowdown at 25 pound lost and was at 30 for awhile.

i think it takes a while for your body to readjust to its new size/new calorie needs.

mine wasnt a complete plateau because i kept track of my measurements. so one month i loss a little bit less than 3 pounds but a full pants size.

i seem to be on the road again to losing weight, what i think helped was taking a week to eat at maintenance and then going back to a deficit.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It happens. Up your protein, lower your carbs and do resistance training. It will break.

Edit: And buy a new keyboard.
  • JosieV1973
    JosieV1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank's for the advise (a few of you)......And NOPE MY KEYBOARD IS NOT BROKEN!! I DONT REALLY THINK EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE MY DIARY TO GIVE A LIL ADVISE!! :):wink:
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi, Josie, Fat 2 Fit radio offers a unique (and fun!) way of busting through plateaus. And it works! I've tried it myself.
    They recommend that you take 3 or 4 days and eat WAY OVER your calorie plan. I'm talking about having a Reese's Blizzard for breakfast if you want!
    You may gain a little weight back (no more than a pound or two at the most) but your metabolism will kick into high gear and you'll be back on track.
    Good luck!
  • Sunfleursue
    Sunfleursue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm

I found this strategy to be helpful for plateaus - not suggesting you have to be on WW, I just like how the author describes the science of how out bodies learn to adapt to what we are putting in to them and some ways we can break through. I personally have had 5 lb losses some weeks when using this plan.

P.S. I think the previous posters are suggesting your keyboard is broken because of the all caps :-) Best of luck to you - I hope this helps!
  • JosieV1973
    JosieV1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the suggestions.....I sure appreciate that. @reojames, I have heard that before too, but kinda scared to do it cause I don't want to gain any weight. LOL! Anyways, thanks a bunch....both of you!

P.S. LOL about the keyboard........it's a habit I need to break. Thanks......God Bless
  • bigmamajo0403
    bigmamajo0403 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's very frustrating, but DON'T GIVE UP ! It will pass and you will lose again, possibly more than usual.
  • Thaliafitchick
    Options
    maybe you should try to workout more often, try some cardio :) dont worry, things will get better.