Close to losing my job

Options
and WANT A BIG PIECE OF CAKE BECAUSE I AM SO DEPRESSED. Someone talk me out of it.

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Eating cake will not make you feel better nor change the circumstances that my be causing what is happening. It will only make you regret not taking control of how you feel. What is something you love to do, not food related.
    bike ride, run, swim:wink:
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Back away from the cake! Things have a way of working out. I am afraid if you eat the cake you will feel even more sad.
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't! Throw out the cake if it's in your house! I'm an emotional eater too, but I promise it will just make you feel worse once you've finished it. Maybe you could take a bath? Call a friend?

I'm so sorry about your job. But it looks like you're doing great with your fitness goals! Keep up the good work - you should be proud!
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    Make a cup of tea, go for a walk, or just grab a piece of gum and chew on that! I usually eat cucumbers when I crave and I get so full that I don't want anything else! But I agree on doing something you love, whether it be running, walking around the park..anything to get you out of the house!
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Get some boxing gloves and a bag and beat the doodoo out of it.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Cake isn't going to change your situation.

About possibly losing your job... if that's true, be proactive about it and start looking for something new NOW. Go online and start job hunting - that should keep you busy enough to not think about cake... for right now, anyway.

If you get too depressed or stressed out, go for a walk.

If all else fails, have a piece of cake.

Good luck, and I hope you DON'T lose your job. But if you do, "when one door closes, another will open" - maybe something better will come along. :)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Ok..I did that. No joke. I put my fingers in it and crushed it and pretended it was the person who was trying to get me fired.......

A waste of cake...but at least not in my mouth.

UGh. Why can people be so EVIL to one another???
  • apriltrainer
    Options
    THanks guys....off to go clean this frosting off my fingers now...
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have found what's goes around comes around. Have seen it first hand.
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm here!! I'm an LVN/LPN depending on where I live. I'm in so cal. you? I probably will be logging off soon, dinnertime but pls feel free to privately message me on facebook. I am Barbara Hull (pic with the husband not the other one) and I live in Long BEach. I went to hof's hut today and had a salmon caesar salad with zucchini bread thought I was doing well for the day but found out my cal. and exercise combined was only lvg 250 cal for dinner. darnnnnnnnnnnnn. I have a pc of choc cake right here which I am not going to eat until tomorrow earlier in the day and after I walk 30 minutes. Don't do it or do it this way like I plan to do. A pc of cake is great for a few min but then you feel guilty.......not worth it I think.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Hold your head up high and be the better person. In my experience people see more than we give them credit for and Karma comes to bite just in the knick of time. I would definately agree with someone who said be proactive, talk to people you know in similiar lines of work.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I lost my job in December and though it's been tough, it's been one of the best things ever too! You never know, when one door closes, another opens!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Read your profile again and read your "why" mama... I just did and maybe that will remind you why the big piece of cake isn't good right now. If it's a planned cheat it's not so bad but an emotional eat could lead to a binge...
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    Hey, I just started my job yesterday. Today I had a day off because they were training someone else. Yesterday complete sucked but I didn't binge. But today, I binged in the evening. Tomorrow I'm back on track though. I gotta stop saying that.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Idk id eat cake ..chocolate cake. Bc chocolate cake makes me happy :-)
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    Don't eat the cake! Use your emotions to get your resume ready, research jobs and send it out to companies! Use your emotions to do something positive with what you are feeling! Speaking from experience, it is much easier to get a job when you have a job. Try to find one before you lose this one! Good luck!
  • apriltrainer
    Options
    Didn't eat the cake...so thank you all..but stil so upset. UGH! Sticking to one's diet and exercise is fine for me when the going is good. It's when the going gets tough where it will show whether I am a true maintenance master. Cross your fingers for me guys. I have a feeling it is going to get rough. Must keep my eyes on at least one thing I can control.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options

Ok..I did that. No joke. I put my fingers in it and crushed it and pretended it was the person who was trying to get me fired...
    I, erm, think they meant the [punching] bag. However, yours was much more effective at keeping you from eating the cake, so congrats!

Now, as for this other stuff ... firstly, you simply must be proactive about the job situation. If you don't deserve to be fired make a point of making it obvious as to why that's the case. And gloat and take credit for EVERYTHING you do well/correctly.