JALA (closed group)

Options
I have an awesome idea for August and beyond. We all need a little motivation these days, whether we are busy with work, family, school, social events. I think we should start a closed group on here called JALA (Jess, Ash, Leela, Amy) where we can check in as often as we like. The more we check in, the more we can support and inspire each other.

We can discuss some of struggles, goals, accomplishments such as milestones and NSVs. We can create mini challenges each week. Each person can think of a challenge to carry out for the week. For example, for the first week, we can strive to exercise atleast 150 minutes. Next week, someone else can think of the challenge.

I'm really excited about this. Let's do this!

Leela

Replies

• LeeBee2012
    LeeBee2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Monday I didn't work out.
    Tuesday I worked out for 30 minutes
    Tomorrow I plan to get in a run after school but before work. time TBA

Please don't leave me here talking to and answering myself.... C'mon JALA, I need you!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Today I weighed myself. So ashamed. I am 20lbs more than when I started MFP 2 years ago.
    This morning for Bfast I ate almonds and creamed my coffee with almond milk

Lunch wont be great. It'll be leftover spaghetti. Not the best but it's what I have.

I wish I could walk-but I've damaged my toe --MAJOR.

Thanks for this leela
  • LeeBee2012
    Options
    Hey Jess, are you done with the shakes? Food doesn't sound so bad, just make a smart choice for dinner.
    I went for a 30 minute run after school/before work, its all that I could get in. I also walked side to side on the tm at 1.0. alternating sides.

Breakfast was 2 whole eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon and a half of slice of american cheese.
    Afternoon snack: 3 strawberries, strawberry banana yoplait light yogurt, 3oz of 1% milk in the blender (yum!)
    Lunch: turkey salad, 2 slices of turkey, dole classic iceberg, grape tomatoes, 2 T. hidden valley ranch light
    second snack: dole pineapple cup.
    Dinner; TBA probably chicken and veggies
  • LeeBee2012
    Options
    I sent Ashley the link, hopefully she will come on soon. Haven't tried to get in touch with Amy yet, but I will soon.
    Just finished a 25 minute leg workout that was killer. Going to do it twice a week. Also abs 2xs a week and upper body 2xs a week. Hoping to tone some in the next 6 weeks. I have a race in 3 weeks and then 3 consecutive weeks of races!

With today, my count is at 85 minutes, 65 minutes to go. I will go for a run Friday and Saturday so I should be fine.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    It's Monday the 6th. I boiled some eggs to have for breakfast and I brought a can of Chicken Chilli for lunch. Cheap from save a lot but a little more on the healthy side. Dinner tonight will be steaks and something-not sure. BUT I plan to clean my house for 2 hrs. NON STOP! It's hideous and should be condemned! I've been so lazy + never home. Thank you Leela for always supporting me!!! And Ashley and Amy too if they get here!!!

Oh and I plan on drinking water water water water.
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    It's Tuesday, I did NOT clean my house. Mark and I both had a headache.
    BUT my food was mostly low carb yesterday and I took a walk. That's a start!

Today-possibly another walk-but it's really hot out and I may not want to sweat like a hog at work.
    I'd like to say that the house will be cleaned today-but who knows................... if it's pretty the kids want to get in the pool and they of course come first.

When my toe gets better-I want to try C25K
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    NO ONE ELSE IS HERE???????