Does anyone workout twice in one day?

Options

Replies

• missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'd love to have a full hour but with a small child, work and house duties it's not always possible. So I try to do 30 minutes in the morning of cardio and in the evening I run, walk or bike with my daughter.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I've done two a days and I believe it's fine if you're getting adequate nutrition and rest.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes, if I'm up early enough I go ahead and go just in case I can't make it at night. If I do end up having time at night I just go again.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    I do sometimes. I feel like im ready to go again sometimes in the evenings, and if i feel like it I do. I dont think its overkill. dont work yourself too hard though :)
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    i take the weekends "off" so i can go hiking or mountain biking but yes, i do.

i strength-train 2-3 days a week, i am currently on 30-day shred that i do monday through friday and i will hit the treadmill for 30-45 minutes (steep incline at 3-3.5 miles an hour).
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I sure do if I run out of calories and need more food or if I over eat.
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes, I usually do a strength/sculpt during the day and my zumba class in the evening. If I don't have zumba I bike, walk, or swim. Gives me energy all day.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Yes, not often but I have some two-a-days. If you are eating enough calories I don't see anyhing wrong with it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes I bike about 5 miles at 5am and then again at night after it cools down outside. I also do a lot of yard and garden work, swim, and walk (really slowww since I have a broken foot). In the winter I use my treadmill and do water aerobics at the Y.

I don't think it hurts anything, you just need to make sure you don't overuse your muscles, joints, etc. and if you feel too much pain, back off and let your body heal for a day or so. My biggest problem with multiple workouts is that I get dehydrated easily so I have to remember to take that water bottle with me! Other than that, it's working for me. I've lost over 40lbs since Jan.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh funny story. I was in High School and I purchased my first gym membership. So I wanted to lose a lot of weight before Prom. So i went in the Morning and then I went to to school. After school I would go to the gym and then go home. After three days of this my English teacher sent me to the Principal's office because I was passed out in his class.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do 2 workouts a day-it depends on what's going on for the day but I like starting my day working out and then ending it working out so I can de-stress. If it's something you want to try, then try. Your body will tell you if you can or can't
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't. I did before, and it i so easy to get burned out from it.
  • jaznsusan
    jaznsusan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would more often if I had the time, but right now on Mondays I cycle in the morning and do Pilates Reformer in the evening.
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do it every so often..Not every day...Mostly if I don't get my full 30mins in the morning, I'll do more in the evening. Or if I overeat, I'll do 10-15 mins to help offset.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not too often, I usually only work out again if I feel like crap by evening time.
  • BarbACona
    Options
    Today I walked 4 miles, did a Firm aerobic cardio and did another Firm exercise workout tonight. I think the Firm workouts are toning me more effectively than walking. I am also trying to jog as I slowly get used to it.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    In the summer, when I'm off work, I take two ballet classes - one in the morning and one in the evening - and often have a gym workout between (using muscles not worked in class, doing straight cardio and/or weights).
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I often work out more than once a day, sometimes up to 3 times a day. A typical day for me would be a 5 mile run in the morning followed by a kickboxing class and then a 90 minute Hot Yoga class in the evening. I do make sure to take rest days and crosstraining days that are no/low impact though. Try it out and see how you feel. It might work for you, it might not.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes three times! I have to be mindful to not overdo it, though. I figure that hitting the cardio hard helps me to burn the calories that I need to EAT, yet still lose weight! GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT! This **** is simple.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Is it recommended? Any feedback?

Im considering joining the Y in the fall, and I decided even though I'm not a morning person, I really like doing my own thing alone in the mornings. Come the winter time I wont be walking outside any longer so I think I may join a gym.

Thing is, I'll want to take the kids to some evening classes as well after work, so while I'm there I may want to fit something in at night l ... (you know, since I'm there anyways)

Is this overkill? I'd only do it as long as I enjoy it over course, I dont want to go all full speed ahead and then burn out or not enjoy it any longer...

apparently I need to slow down and proof read before posting a question ... thanks for your feedback!!