Solutions, not problems

Options
It always amazes me the amount of people on MFP and in life in general who just seem to enjoy complaining. If you don't like what someone is doing, DON'T DO IT, If you disagree with someone's choices- UNFRIEND THEM OR IGNORE THEM, If you think your way is better- OFFER SUGGESTIONS NOT DEGRADING CRITICISM. If only more people would consider solutions to thier issues rather than simply b*tching about everything, we could seriously get alot more done and help each other so much more.

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me the amount of people on MFP and in life in general who just seem to enjoy complaining.
    You have achieved an astonishing level of irony with your post complaining about people complaining.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Alas, but I offer solutions, not simply complaints. That was the purpose of the post. I have no issue with people speaking their opinions, but how about offering solutions?
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Don't you think if some has put a message on " motivation and support " that they did so because they might not be feeling particularly positive and in need of some support. Some times you can't see the wood for the trees and we might become selfish in our thinking . I don't know what particular post has prompted your message ! But surely they are doing no more than you , I don't find your message particularly supportive or motivational .Surley if some one needs to vent and let off steam they can , you dont have to read or reply to their posting None of us are perfect. Some times people just need to put a thought out there , I don't think people like to complain, and lucky the person is who has nothing to complain about.
    Your complaining about people complaining hmmmmmm .:ohwell:
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    It's me again. Ive had a bad day , not making excuses , just want to say , I do get where you are coming from. I've been laid up all day today and spent much of my day reading post etc, And I think I was a little to quick with my reply. I have seen some post and replys today that have given me a better under standing of your point of view.:
    So just wanted to say SORRY for venting at you and missing the point of your post.:blushing:
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    it's all good, everyone has a right to thier own opinion. Perhaps it's the psych nurse in me, but I just feel bad for people who cannot seem to get the mindset to come up with solutions to thier problems. It was actaully a post that got me to thinking where someone was complaining about people complaining. That was really not my intention here, but rather to offer solutions..such as if reading a post where people who are complaining bothers you...don't look at them, ignore them, or instead of belittling them - be uplifting and offer suggestions to help. We are all so quick to judge (often negatively) in our society today. It's so rare for someone who is in a funk and wishing to complain about something be met with helpfullness. Rather people seem to want to embellish thier negativity and encourage that. It's just kinda sad to me. But like I said..I spend my days with seriously mentally ill Veterans taking care of them and believe you me, I see more than my fair share of negativity and it happens to be my job to HELP them overcome, not indulge them or enable them. At the end of the day I always say 'to each thier own'.