NEED SOME HELP

Options
I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT WITH A TRAINER TWICE A WEEK SINCE MARCH< AND I DO MY BEST TO GET SOME OTHER THINGS DURING THE WEEK ASWELL.
EVERY TIME WE TAKE MEASUREMENT THE NUMBERS ARE GOING DOWN WHICH IS GOOD.
MY WEIGHT INCREASED BY 5LBS. (MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THEN FAT SO ONCE AGAIN NOT TO CONCERNED THERE) tHE PROBLEM IS I AM NOT ABLE TO FIT INTO AND OF MY PANTS AND IT SEEMS TO BE GOING UP.

SO IF i AM LOOSING INCHES WHY IS MY PANT SIZE GOING UP?

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Since I added strength training and yoga to my cardio, I've gone up a pants size. (without the scale moving up) I owe this to the fact that my butt is now higher and more defined,(good things. . .) as my waist is still the same size.

Working out, I've noticed, re-distributes our weight as much as it reduces it.

Just my two cents.:flowerforyou:
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Where are you taking measurements? It could be possible that you are losing inches in (example) your belly and gaining in your mid thigh because muscle is growing where it wasn't before, does that make sense? Also, some clothes just shrink over time... Don't know if either of those is the case, but that's where I would look first.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    VIVIAKAY

SO IN OTHER WORDS DON'T BE TO CONCERNED WITH IT?
    IT HAS JSUT BEEN A LITTLE FRUSTRATING GETTING DRESSED FOR WORK WINTER HAS HIT AND I HAVE NO PANTS AND WHEN GOING TO FIND SOME I NOW HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SIZE I AM.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    Where are you taking measurements? It could be possible that you are losing inches in (example) your belly and gaining in your mid thigh because muscle is growing where it wasn't before, does that make sense? Also, some clothes just shrink over time... Don't know if either of those is the case, but that's where I would look first.

MY TRAINER TAKES THE MEASUREMENTS IN THE SAME SPOTS EACH TIME.

I LIKE THE SHRINKING CLOTHES IDEA BUT THAT DOESN'T WORK WHILE I AM OUT LOOKING FOR NEW AND THEY DON'T FIT. LOL :cry:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    VIVIAKAY

SO IN OTHER WORDS DON'T BE TO CONCERNED WITH IT?
    IT HAS JSUT BEEN A LITTLE FRUSTRATING GETTING DRESSED FOR WORK WINTER HAS HIT AND I HAVE NO PANTS AND WHEN GOING TO FIND SOME I NOW HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SIZE I AM.

I wouldn't be too concerned, although I completely understand that up, in pants size, is hard to take.

I find a store with a website, and look at their size charts before I go to the store. This helps, as you have a good idea what size you are when you walk into the store. Also, at some stores, I just walk in and say "what size am I?" most of the salespeople are dead on. The trick is one stores 9 is another stores 7 or 5 or 11, so try to let go of the idea that the size numbers really mean anything.:tongue: