Bummed but still positive!

Options
I went to the mthly dr check up today for my weightloss (Im trying to get pregnant) and I only lost 2 pounds. Now that I look back I remember those not too good days with a little extra there and a little extra here. I feel like Ive cheated myself but I know I cant beat myself up for this. I have even started exercising daily and I know I probably gained muscle but I hate that saying - I wish my dr would focus on inches and not weight!
Next appt is 11/24 just before Thanksiving - Please god give me the strength to keep pushing forward.

Replies

• auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I know it's hard, I have a major snacking problem that hindered my weight loss in the past. My thinking was flawed, "If I only have 1 bite of the cake, then it doesn't really count towards my daily caloric intake, right?" Problem is that by the end of the day, if I actually added up all the uncounted bites, we were looking at over 1000 snuck calories. It took me a while to admit that I had to count every single bite, or I was only hurting myself, after all, not like I'm showing the rest of my family my food log, so I may as well be honest with myself. A couple days looking at how I really was "eating for two," adults, that is, :laugh: and I quickly started changing my habits.
  • merzyfrank
    Options
    Way to go for thinking positively, Jerri! You are going to be an awesome mom! And what a better time to get on a healthy track than now, before you have your baby, so that you and your family can live healthy long lives together. Exercising is so important, and it is awesome that you are working out! That is a great first step toward accomplishing your goal! You can do it! You really can! :flowerforyou: Cheers to your future motherhood!
  • burbuja
    burbuja Posts: 32
    Options
    Don't worry honey you're not alone, I'm also losing weight to get pregnant...actually to be able to start a pregnancy treatment. I've been trying to lose this weight for a year now...well it will be a year in December when I was first told I wouldn't be able to get preggers without treatment because I have PCOS anyway my point is that with time you learn what works and what doesn't work for your body because we are all different the difference is that we feel more pressure because of our motive to lose weight. Just remember that you will lose the weight, drink plenty of water, try to exercise 5x a week and make smart healthy choices everytime you eat. At the begining what happened to me was that I was so stressed out and obsessed about losing the weight so I could get pregnant that it actually made it more difficult. Just try to relax and do what has worked for you until now. I know you'll reach your goal for your November appointment. Don't give up we are all here to support you sweetie!:flowerforyou:
  • burbuja
    burbuja Posts: 32
    Options
    Sorry one last thing...

Like they've mentioned think positive :heart: !!!!!