18 and trying to loose baby fat

Options
hi, im new to this. im 18 5'1 115lbs. i was 105lbs pre pregnancy and was 137lbs by the end so i gained 32lbs. i am now 115. i realize i probably wont ever weigh what i did before but i would eventually like to since i am still young. i had a c-section so i cant do much exercise just yet.(just had my baby 4 weeks ago) but i really dont want to continue with my bad pregnancy eating habits. i am more concerned rite now with toning more than anything. at least i think thats what i have to do to get rid of extra skin. rite now im on 1200 calories a day and i am going to weigh myself tomorrow to see if theres any progress since i have been doing this a week now.(think i went over one day) anyway if anyone has some exercise i can do that isnt to difficult since my body is still healing id appreciate it.
TIA

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    start walking. push your baby in a stroller. pretty simple! breast feeding burns lots of cals too, so if you are BF, you need to eat more. less carbs, more veg and protein.

you didn't gain much, i bet a lot of women here will hate you :laugh:
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you are breast feeding, you need to eat a certain amount of calories per day to make sure you still produce milk. Make sure you talk to your doctor about the 1200. Also get your doctor to give you approved exercises you can do.

My friend had a c-section 4 weeks ago and all that I know she can do is take her dog for walks. She is about 5'2" and was a normal weight per-pregnancy and was told to eat 2000 calories per day while breastfeeding.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    hi, im new to this. im 18 5'1 115lbs. i was 105lbs pre pregnancy and was 137lbs by the end so i gained 32lbs. i am now 115. i realize i probably wont ever weigh what i did before but i would eventually like to since i am still young. i had a c-section so i cant do much exercise just yet.(just had my baby 4 weeks ago) but i really dont want to continue with my bad pregnancy eating habits. i am more concerned rite now with toning more than anything. at least i think thats what i have to do to get rid of extra skin. rite now im on 1200 calories a day and i am going to weigh myself tomorrow to see if theres any progress since i have been doing this a week now.(think i went over one day) anyway if anyone has some exercise i can do that isnt to difficult since my body is still healing id appreciate it.
    TIA

not sure if you're breastfeeding but if you are you certainly are going to want to up your calorie intake. i say stick with walking and pushing the stroller until you're fully healed and can go at it 200%. other than that, welcome and good luck.
  • JadiieD
    JadiieD Posts: 9
    Options
    haha well considering my height a pound makes a big difference. and im not BF so thats why im on a diet, i know things are diffrent when you are. people do tell me that if i was my tummy would be gone. and ya i have been walking everyday with the stroller 1.2km :smile:
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt that you can weigh what you did before, especially because you are young and only have 10lbs more to lose at 4 weeks post partum. That doesn't mean that your body will look exactly the same, but it seems like you are doing well. Good luck and congrats on the baby!