Question about Logging

Options
Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong category!
I wasn't sure where exactly to put it.

I was sure up until now that I was doing this correctly, but I'm not even sure if there is a correct way to do this.

I'm referring to finishing a log for the day.

Do you finish your log at the point where you stop eating for the day or do you finish it at midnight and whatever you eat after, carries over into the log for the next day.

I understand if this question makes no sense, but it's kind of important.

Replies

• ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The log rolls over to the next day at midnight, but you can still add to the previous day's record and finish the day before you go to bed. I do this on the occasions I stay up really late.
  • mustnothrowcantelopes
    Options
    which way have you found to be the most effective? I feel like I'm cheating myself because what if I eat till 2 in the morning and then I only have 800 cal for the next day. I know you're not supposed to eat that late, but I do.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I usually consider a day from the time I wake up to when I go to bed. So whatever I eat during those hours I log for that day.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I keep very strange hours. Most of the time, I just log whatever I ate before I went to bed for the night as "yesterdays" food. Like, even though it's nearly 2am, I am thinking about the Peanut Butter Cup on top of my fridge and I know I have enough calories left to eat it. It starts over when I wake up. As for effectiveness, I believe the idea of it being a week-long average, so even if you go over today by snacking until 2am, just try to do better tomorrow. As for "not supposed to eat that late" - don't put too much emphasis on that.Over the course of a week, I don't think your body cares what time you ate your cals. People on midnights still lose weight. I just wouldn't recommend going for a check-in/weigh-in the very next morning.