widow status... I think I am ready to be single again

Options
lynda155
lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
I just don't seem to meet anyone ....I am not a barfly or bible thump-er....confused and tired at the moment... Any suggestions on how to meet new men? Not boys dressed like men, but manly men. I know I sound silly but that is the type of guy I like.

Ps... Half asleep writing my dating aspirations and woos lol.. on my sleep medication,.... probably not a good time to post, but oh well

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Volunteering for a cause you care about? Great way to meet guys who are more mature-they care about something other than themselves and are willing to sacrifice their time to make the world a better place.
  • sunnybug90
    Options
    Volunteering for a cause you care about? Great way to meet guys who are more mature-they care about something other than themselves and are willing to sacrifice their time to make the world a better place.

I like this idea :) or maybe join something like a book club if you're a reader or take some dance classes if you're into that, thats a way to meet people who share similar interests :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I tried online dating - which isn't for everyone but I met a lovely man and we've been married for 3 years now.

The suggestion to find a class or a cause sound like great ideas too.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    I was the same.. didn't want to go to the bars... not into church.. so I tried the whole online dating thing...(I was scared at first I was a single mom with 2 kids.. a 8 year old and a 6 week old baby... Yes same father... My ex decided that he was done.. and right after she was born he left.. ) Anyways.. I met some weird men.. But I always played it safe... talked through the website.. then if I wanted to get to know them a bit more I gave them my e-mail address then after about two weeks.. we would move to txting and talking... and if I was still interested I would meet them after about a month...(always a public PLACE) Trust me. I was scared as hell.. but LONG LONG story short.. I met my husband on Plenty of Fish... :love:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

That is a good idea :smile:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Go to a Lumber Jack Convention.... Rodeo's and more?? You said Manly Men!!

I do like the volunteering idea though!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    theres always alot of guys at strip clubs
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Tailgating during football season is another great place.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay... Wait, maybe that's not the kind of men you're talking about. :smile: