Spare Bike Tire

Options
Hi all,

Mid 40's male here, always been a feather weight. When I was in my twenties I *couldn't* gain no matter how I tried. Ate like a horse and burned it all up cycling mostly. In my thirties I finally started to put a (very) few pounds on. Now, and most especially since my son was born and I am at home with him I am up closer to what most guys my height should weigh. Mostly it sits in 1 1/2" of fat on my stomach which is uncomfortable pressing on my belt buckle and looks a little unsightly like a spare tire, but a slim one at that, a bike tire. My goal is to shed 20lb, lose the 1 1/2" and be back to where I was 15 years ago.

I paddle on a dragon boat team which is largely a lumbar and cardio workout. I'm planning to start complimenting that with abdominal training and other cardio such as swimming and getting back to cycling. That plus 1,200 calories daily should get me there in pretty short order. Charles Atlas here I come. ;^D I'm trying to limit my fats so that my body uses what it has and monitoring my vitamin and mineral intake to ensure I don't get unhealthy because my team needs me. We've got two more races this season.