Dietician and fitness instructor.

Options
Should I see a fitness coach about how to get to my target body
And a dietician to see what I should be eating?
Should I see the fitness coach first so I can show the dietician what I'm doing and so they know how many calories I should be consuming etc?
Any information and advice is appreciated!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    What are your objectives?

To get thinner?
    To get healthier?
    To get stronger?
    To change the shape/look of your body?
    To participate in a particular sport or activity?
    To learn good eating habits to keep you healthy for the long term?

I'd suggest you think about what is your current priority - that will tell you whether you need to be focussing more on diet or exercise at this point.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thinner, healthier, more toned.

I want to know what to eat/how much to eat for the amount of exercises I do.
    So fitness coach then dietician?
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you a college student? If so, take advantage of what your school offers and see a dietician and maybe get a few personal trainer hours at a reduced rate. That's what I'm going to do.

If you can't afford it (because still it can be expensive even at a reduced price) then try to read a lot. I read every book on healthy eating (I avoided classic diet books such as "slim in 5 days" etc...). After I had already learned a lot about nutrition and what is good for the body I saw a nutritionist (my aunt just got her certification - so I was lucky and got it for free). And she confirmed practically all of my book-knowledge on nutrition. So you can teach yourself if you can't afford to see a nutritionist.

personal trainer: I'm doing it only for motivation purposes. Every decent gym will provide you with a person to ask questions and even to make your own training schedule.
  • Preacher224
    Preacher224 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As a former certified trainer and one who has studied fitness and nutrition etc. for 20+yrs, I would say that MFP's guidelines for calories are very close to the scientific formulas I use for figuring calorie needs. I would not mind helping with the calorie needs part of your question. I would need a few bits of info. Feel free to add me as a friend and you can message me the info I need to do the calculations. But in all honesty, I did mine again last night and although MFP was a bit lower than what my figures came out to, they were only about 600-700 cals low and still high enough not to go into the dreaded "Starvation mode", which is really not as likely to happen or be as bad as some "experts" let on. Anyone who would like to add me as a friend feel free. I accept almost all requests.