Easter Fitness Challenge Feb. 26th

Options
Yeeeeesh. . . it's almost March!

Today is a light day. I'm taking a 40 minute walk (in the snow) to the subway and back.

Then tonight, 30 minutes of yoga.

Happy Tuesday, my friends!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeesh. . . it's almost March!

Today is a light day. I'm taking a 40 minute walk (in the snow) to the subway and back.

Then tonight, 30 minutes of yoga.

Happy Tuesday, my friends!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Feels like March here! It was over 90 degrees yesterday! (32+ for those over the border). Luckily we got a cool front and it dropped 20 degrees.

Yesterday I did my 30 minutes of weights, 10 minute warm up on elliptical, 15 minute walk, and 90 minute yoga class. Haven't decided what I'm doing today.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yea for March, this coming from the person who is expecting anywhere from 8-16 inches of snow sometimes today and tonight. Spring can't come soon enough for me this year. In the meantime I will go for a small walk on my snow shoes, 10-15 min max on flat ground. I have done my PT exercises for the morning. I have half my chart filled out for the day, and fully expect to fill in the rest in the pm section. Have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: ~Karen
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Not doing so well this week, but I think I'll survive :happy: Have a serious case of spring fever too. Come on Spring!!! Did work out this a.m. - only 15 mins though, but it was better than nothing!!
    Blew it last night calorie wise. Starting over today! Won't be on tomorrow - out of town meeting for work. So have a great Tuesday and Wednesday!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind about the snow shoes and did 20 minutes on the treadmill.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Today is a crazy day for me -- I'm hoping to get in a workout tonight before a hot date, then tomorrow I leave town for three months. I'll definitely squeeze in a workout before I get on the plane on Wednesday.

Weirdly, it seems like the days that I don't work out are the ones that I'm hungrier.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wooo hooo! lifting day #1 done! Just spent over an hour and a half in there; took my vitamin this morning and am probably on glass 5 or 6 of water. (I shouldn't mention the huge cheesburger I just ate for lunch); still have to do my cardio, but that will be tonight when hubby & son are in bed.

What a good day!:wink:

We're in for the snow too, just not as much. Hoping forecast holds true and I might be able to get outside for a run on friday...

25 days ladies, we can do this! :flowerforyou:
    What are everyones goals by Monday? I'm into this mini-goal setting this time around.

I will reitterate mine, no brownies till at least Saturday!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I have to do at least an hour of Taebo to work off the hamburger and tots I had for lunch! Yikes! I've got to do better with my eating this coming week! I've been eating comfort foods, but staying within my calories. I know that's still not healthy.
    Better get my boy down for a nap so I can work out!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi all. Wintery weather here in upstate NY here too. We are in the midst of another snow storm with 9-16 expected by tomorrow afternoon. I'm not going to complain-shoveling is great exercise. I did two Biggest Loser DVD's and I have to say I am noticing a difference since I started the Power Sculpt one. Spots that I thought were destined to be flabby are going AWAY!!! :drinker:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I had to leave early for a meeting this morning since it snowed last night. Just got home and had to check in on everyone! I'm not sure I'm as excited for March as everyone else. March is our snowiest month! Aack!

Last night I did the Self: Dance Your Way Slim (I know another crazy dance dvd ~ I still have a few more that I'd reserved at the library before I decided that I don't like dance workouts), I drank my water, and I took my vitamins & meds. I've decided that for next week I am going to add a weights catagory to my chart. I know how important it is but seem to choose cardio workouts over weights. I know if it's on the chart I will for sure do it!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Keep warm (or in Mary's case, cool)!
    Niccole
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I get to add another 45 minutes & 372 calories to my total for today. I just shoveled the heaviest snow we've had all year & it's still coming down!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    had to add a 35 minute "crunch cardio dance party" to my workout for the day.

My husband and I went out for his birthday, so I felt the need to work some of that off. Actually had wine at lunch. Tres decadent! And surprisingly, didn't go over for the day (but used every little calorie). That's at a "small plates" restaurant with two appetizer sized things and a dessert and a glass of wine. I even added "salted butter: 3 tbs." to my estimates. (Hey I used to cook in a restaurant, believe me on that one:wink: )

I did end up eating a veggie burger with salsa and an apple with almond butter for dinner, though.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    60 min on gazelle to finish off an awesome day; plus I am still cleaning and will probably being doing that all morning with the snow totals climbing!