McD's Playdate gone bad...

Options
This morning we met with a few other moms and their kiddos for a playdate. Around 11 am, the troops started to get hungry, so someone suggested McDonald's. Ugh...I knew I was in trouble at that point. I haven't had any fast food for a couple weeks now, and I am NOT one of those people who go to McD's for the salad or grilled chicken sandwich. Instead, I joyfully consumed my #5 combo (at least I had no cheese lol:) with a regular coke. I'm not beating myself up for this, but unfortunately the madness was only beginning for me. I read a thread last night about DQ's pumpkin pie blizzard, so it was on my mind as I was heading home. I justified to myself that since I already blew it with lunch, I might as well just make today a cheat day. The blizzard was so good! Now I'm home feeling kinda crappy. I just logged my calories. Not even 1pm here, and I'm negative 320 for the day!

There was a time I would have just avoided the accountability of tracking my cals after such a meal. But I'm committed to stay with this good day or bad. I know we all slip up. Sometimes I think it's needed to keep me sane. Tomorrow's a gym day for me, so I'll do my best to make up for it there!

Replies

• cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did that yesterday. It started with a peanut butter mood @ jamba juice and ended with a whopper jr (I did have cheese!) and onion rings for dinner! I just couldn't say no! It may be that I am a day away from my TOM but I felt no shame and just kept on going. It was what I wanted so I had it. For me, Ive been out of the gym for 2 weeks with a shoulder injury and Im just boerd...really no excuse, but you were bamboozled!!! Lol. Good job staying acountable. Just jump back on tomorrow.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Everyone has these kind of days. Get yourself back on track by going for a walk and eating a light supper. While you may still be negative at the end of the day - at least it won't be as bad.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    you guys are making my stomach growl..... :grumble:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    So go out later and do some exercising to counter act those bad calories. You won't feel so bad about cheating then. :wink: