Bad NSV!

Options
2»

Replies

• melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    HAHA I share your pain! I out my engagement and eternity rings in to be resized this week. Going a whole size lower. Like you i never take mine off. I am however on my second set of rings because my first wore out after 13 years and were so sharp I had to ge them cut off. I cried my hubby laughed! Get them resized!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Also you could wear them on a necklace - I had to do this while pregnant.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I say since you've been with your honey for 20 years that deserves: ... A new ring :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jennifleurb
    Options
    Congratulations :)

I vote for resizing - you can also get it professionally cleaned at the same time to give it a new sparkle as a treat.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Go to a jewelery store and have them put a metal sizer on it for now, then when you're lost more weight, get it sized (I know it'll suck being without it but it's better to be without it once than to lose it....) and it's better for the ring if you don't keep sizing it.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    get him to buy you an eternity ring that fits and wear that in front. :-P
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Also you could wear them on a necklace - I had to do this while pregnant.

This until you can get it re-sized. :)
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    get him to buy you an eternity ring that fits and wear that in front. :-P

I am liking this idea
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    you can also get it professionally cleaned at the same time to give it a new sparkle as a treat.

Another great idea - feeling my Bad NSV is not all bad
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    I say since you've been with your honey for 20 years that deserves: ... A new ring :heart: :heart: :heart:

This is definatly the way forward - mfp'ers can always be relied on to come up with great solutions
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You can also buy another ring in the smaller size to wear over the top of it. That way you don't have to take it off and you don't risk loosing it.

I should note that I didn't read any previous posts :)
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like the perfect time to have it resized then renew your wedding vows :smile:
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Don't lose your ring! Trust me, I speak from experience. Mine was stolen years ago and I would give anything to have it back. My husband has bought 2 or 3 (bigger and flashier) replacements but nothing takes it's place. Have your husband take it off your finger and have him put it back on when it's resized.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. He proposed at Christmas last year when I was 183 lbs. I started losing weight in Jan so now my ring is to big. I just wear it on my middle finger.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!