i feel like crying

Options
i need to say this because ive gain 5 pounds and i feel SO upset im almost about to cry!

my tom last month was on the 24th and i stil have had my tom for july. i dont think im pregnant :S so im hoping ive just gained weight due to it being tom. but i dont get it because last month when it was tom i lost 2 pound...weird.

i havent been as strict with my eating but i dont go overboard. i thought i was doin so well. HELP.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You probably gained "weight" during your TOM, it can also be water weight. Don't get discouraged, you can do this!
  • hatethisweight22
    Options
    sorry i ment 27th last month... not that it makes a difference. i hope so :(
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    it is normal for weight to fluctuate, especially like colie said during that lovely time. Hell I started today and I feel like I gained 10. It will be okay! Just try to stick to you goals and eat well. :)
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Gathering from context clues what a Tom is. I too felt like crying all last week and today because of the weight I gained last month. I've been so horribly stressd out and discouraged: totally fell off the wagon. :( Hope someone has some bit of encouragement here.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    it is normal for weight to fluctuate, especially like colie said during that lovely time. Hell I started today and I feel like I gained 10. It will be okay! Just try to stick to you goals and eat well. :)

Yes, your weight can fluctuate around 2-5 pounds a day. I never weigh myself 4 days before, during, or 4 days after my TOM, just because I feel like I gain so much "bloat" weight during it!
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Unless you have eaten 24,500 calories ABOVE what your body needs to exist, you haven't gained 5 pounds of excess weight. Google "why the scale lies" and that could help with understanding about scale weight and how it changes.

Hang in there, drink LOTS of water and give it a week.
  • UnRemarkableMe
    UnRemarkableMe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    do not cry, you definitely have gained weight because of water. Even with men, we Seem to gain weight when we do not workout On back to back days. If I workout 5 days a week I noticed my weight loss on the scale seems to be exaggerated. If I take my measurements on a day where I did not work out I can notice a slight bump in my weight. Keep in mind the scale is just a guide and it's not the ultimate goal of the fit you are. The more fit you become you could slightly see weight gain because of increased muscle tone but if your clothes are fitting good and your face is smaller than you are doing a good job. Do not let the scale upset you!
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories to make a lb of fat. So unless you binged over your BMR by 3500 calories 5 times then it's just bloat. :) As I guy I don't get what you do, but when I have too much sodium over a couple days the same exact thing happens to me. It flushes later. Don't let it stress you out. Have a flower :flowerforyou:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I gain with my every month,i don't weigh my myself during this time especially when i'm late,this month i was a week late.i don't weigh myself till about 2-3 days when it's over.