Knee issue

Options
Sunday, while painting my office at home - I was squatting down to cut-in around some trim work, and I don't know what happened, but I heard this 'pop'. My knee felt like it went forward, then to the left, and I was instantly in tears and lying on the floor. Everything happened so fast. I really don't know what or how this happened, but I really think i have messed up my knee. It was mildly swollen, and I took it easy the remainder of the day.
I try to work out 3-4 times a week. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. So, I thought I would take a week off to give my knee some time to heal. I've had mild discomfort since. Yesterday, several times, depending on how I moved (walking, turning around, etc) the pain surged thru my knee and took my breathe away. I think something is wrong and even a week off isn't going to help. I think I need medical attention. Luckily, I have a sedentary job, so I am not on it all day.
I can walk normally for the most part. It's a little tender, but I walk the 2 flights of stairs to my office, and have no problems. I think it is side to side motions that is causing the most discomfort, but I am not 100% sure.
Just wanted to vent a little . . . .Thanks for reading.

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    go see an orthopedic doctor. one of the first questions he/she should ask is if you heard a pop. since you did, you should see one asap. while it may be nothing, popping sounds with knees usually aren't too good. you may do more damage to it if you workout, or perhaps it won't support your movement and you may injure yourself falling.

good luck.
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm actually making an appointment today. I honestly didn't think too much about it until yesterday.
    I agree though.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    glad to hear you are making an appointment. so many people here play doctor, and others take what they say as truth. wait a minute, playing doctor can be fun! but not in this sense. glad you are having a professional check it out. keep me informed on what he says...will probably have you get an mri...