Water! WATER! It’s a FLOOD!

Replies

• icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    i feel drowning :)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 733 Member
    I hate cucumber slices in water. I think it tastes like sea monkeys! Plain water is best, but filtered or purified (bottled). Chilled or with ice. Brilliant!

ROFLMBO OMG... Too funny! Tastes like sea monkeys. I haven't tried it & now don't think I will.
  • MiO sweetener --- FOR THE WIN.

I have heard good things about MiO but what is it sweetened with?

I love MIO! I always get a new flavor at the store every week. It says " natural favors", but the ingredients list sucralose as the sweetener. And acesulfame, whatever that is.
  • sisterofseven
    sisterofseven Posts: 82 Member
    I totally agree. Great post :-)
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    I drink between two and three gallons a day and at first it sucks but after a few weeks you pee at the normal rate and feel a lot more hydrated.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    true lemon is awesome too. its sweetened with stevia instead of splenda or aspartame.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    true lemon is awesome too. its sweetened with stevia instead of splenda or aspartame.

True Lemon isn't sweetened at all. It's just lemon. However, TL Lemonade IS sweetened.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    I hate cucumber slices in water. I think it tastes like sea monkeys! Plain water is best, but filtered or purified (bottled). Chilled or with ice. Brilliant!

ROFLMBO OMG... Too funny! Tastes like sea monkeys. I haven't tried it & now don't think I will.

ROFL May I ask what does a sea monkey taste like? Worse thought how would anyone know what a sea monkey tastes like? LOL
    Ok I am shopping for a pretty ...yes I said it must be a pretty color a water bottle with a straw and dishwater safe. I do not want to taste the plastic of the container. I also need to put ice in it so the mouth of it has to be wide. If anyone has any suggestions please email me.

I have to force myself to drink plain water and I cannot drink any water flavoring with splenda or Aspartame in it. Highly allergic to my respiratory system. I agree we need it and I do force myself to drink 8 cups a day of plain boring water with ice. I use to be addicted to sodas and have not had one for over a year.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Ugh, I wish I was a constant 'sipper' or water drinker....Unless I'm thirsty I really don't want it, and that's bad because when you're thirsty you're already dehydrated. Sparkling water is another story - I absolutely love the stuff. Weird, I know. I have to force myself to drink regular water, and I feel like the only way I can do this and keep track is if I do bottled water, 16.9 ounces, refilling 4 times, doesn't seem so bad in the course of an entire day.
    I found that if I drink from a 28 oz bottle, and fill it twice then that's 7 cups a day and makes it much easier :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    I love water, always have :)
  • Huh. When I saw the title I thought this was about Manila...
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I drink 8 - 10 cups of water most days, straight up, no problems. I also drink 1 or 2 cans of diet soda daily. There is nothing wrong with drinking both and my hair and skin is in great condition too.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 168 Member
    I've been drinking at least 8 glasses of water everyday since June. My skin is really nicer than it ever was!
    Tip: Get a cool water bottle and bring it with you all the time!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    ERMAHGERD! WERTER!!!!!
  • Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    ERMAHGERD! WERTER!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA ! I had to say it out loud !
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    I'm always surprised by those who don't drink water too. But the one thing I can't wrap my head around is that they now say we should drink half our body weight in water. If I did that I would not have time for anything else!! A gallon of water a day seems too excessive. Wouldn't it affect my electrolyte balance or something???

No it won't affect your balance. You have to drink at least 64oz a day for your body to function properly. If you drink coffee or soda, you're supposed to drink that much more. If you drink 8oz of soda then you need to drink another 8oz of water. If you are exercising you have to drink even more than that.

BS.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Water is kind of boring but I usually go through 2-3 waterbottles every day at work and then a couple more at home.
    I drink diet pop when I'm hungover though. That's the only time I will allow myself something like that. :p
    Oh, well I do drink coffee twice a week.
  • foreversunshine1
    foreversunshine1 Posts: 46 Member
    Great post! Water has become such a habit for me over the years, I would say I drink it 99percent of the time. I never really acquired the taste for soda, hearing the stories of how hard it is to get off of them, I am glad.

I drink water throughout the day at work... a 32 oz bottle with a straw is great... I get a minimum of 2 in before the 8 hour day is up, but try for 3. I prefer it room temp which seems to puzzle people, but have read recently that you can burn up to 200 extra calories a day drinking it ice cold... the body has to warm it to body temp before digesting it. So... I drink it on ice whenever possible... I figure every calorie I can burn without extra effort is great!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    If I am not thirsty, I won't force myself to drink water. I find my body is pretty good at letting me know when I need water. Besides, I don't drink anything else.

At my last triathlon training that lasted 5hours I was actually suffering from over-hydration (too much water). I did the mistake of not making an electrolyte drink when trainers specifically say to replenish the sweat we lose every 30mins if you're going to do long distance training. (www.livestrong.com)

My symptoms were:
    Metal taste in my mouth
    headache
    dizzyness
    cold sweats in 100F (37Celcius) weather

I kept drinking and drinking water on my last leg of my training and ignored the cold sweats while jogging. My skin was covered in a white salty powder that stung my eyes and burned my skin in the sun (despite 100SPF sunblock). I looked like hell when I got to the gas station to pick up a Gatorade (I know, fake stuff is bad, I will make my own next time). When I got home I looked in the mirror and saw the white crusty salt around my lips, so gross. I had no idea I sweat so much salt.

I am looking forward to my next training next week-end with my new electrolyte recipe:
    1 liter of water
    1/2 tsp of baking soda
    2 tbsp of maple syrup
    1/2 tbsp of sea salt
    1/2 tsp lemon juice

I want to see if I'll improve much since my last training.
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    I guess if I did not drink water I would resemble a Hippo! (Opposed to the beached whale I am).

I do not drink alcohol. If I have that rare soda, it is Coke Zero. Occasionally I will have a glass or cup of tea, usually unsweetened, sometimes w/Splenda.

Point is, after I have my pot of coffee w/ cinnamon and Splenda, I drink water all day. I buy the Real Lemon & Real Lime juices and maybe every other 20oz glass, add 2 or 3 good dashes w/ a squeeze and some Splenda. I drink water all day long.

Personally cannot tell it does anything for me, but that is probably because it has been my habit for many years. I usually do not ingest sugar unless it is natural in my foods,(anymore). All I am saying is it is probably what kept me from blowing slam up! :explode: