Whats the max weight that you gained on a holiday.

Options
SanyamKaushik
SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
5 lbs just in 5 days... :explode: :angry: I hope most of it is just water retention...

Replies

• placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    From Thanksgiving to New years... 15 pounds.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Holiday in the Maldives 14lbs
  • SanyamKaushik
    Options
    From Thanksgiving to New years... 15 pounds.

Not bad :) but that covers Christmas period :-/ How long did it take to get it off?
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Easily 10lbs in a week. I find it's the lead up too, I know I'm going away and going to be bad, so I kind of give up a few weeks before I go too. But holidays are for relaxing, counting calories isn't relaxing, and I'm sure you'll find it'll drop off in no time :) x
  • SanyamKaushik
    Options

oO
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I put on 7.5 in 9 days... working my butt off to get back on track tho! :blushing:
  • Jodi_83
    Jodi_83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I gained 8kgs :( hence why I need to lose!

(Although I did travel for 8 weeks)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how much but I can tell you where, my very first holiday outside the UK to Florida many moons ago.

The portions, the sugar ... the horror, the horror :D

As a balance I lost the most fat on a walking holiday around the national parks on the west coast, happy days.
  • SurfinBird1981
    Options

oO

I know :laugh:
  • SanyamKaushik
    Options
    Easily 10lbs in a week. I find it's the lead up too, I know I'm going away and going to be bad, so I kind of give up a few weeks before I go too. But holidays are for relaxing, counting calories isn't relaxing, and I'm sure you'll find it'll drop off in no time :) x

Hell ya :D. and counting calories is especially taxing when you cant pronounce the names of the dishes and guestimates could go horribly wrong :ohwell:
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    5 lbs over a 3 day vacation...unfortunately it didn't come right off
  • SanyamKaushik
    Options
    I can't tell you how much but I can tell you where, my very first holiday outside the UK to Florida many moons ago.

The portions, the sugar ... the horror, the horror :D

As a balance I lost the most fat on a walking holiday around the national parks on the west coast, happy days.

Hmm. Walking holiday sounds like fun... Gotta try it soon... :)
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options

oO

Mine was an All-Inclusive. 2 weeks in St Lucia = 15lbs. Best Holiday EVER!! (paying for it now though)
  • SurfinBird1981
    Options

oO

Mine was an All-Inclusive. 2 weeks in St Lucia = 15lbs. Best Holiday EVER!! (paying for it now though)

It's easily done!! We didn't even go to a resort! We got invited to one of the inhabited islands and one of the natives and his family made us breakfast and dinner every day! Insane amounts of food and it's rude to leave any :laugh:
    All inclusive is pretty dangerous eh!
  • ukjude
    ukjude Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I put on 14 pounds in 14 days on holiday.... and it took me 7 weeks to lose it again.... was it worth it? Hell YES! Holidays are no time for counting calories!! LOL
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I used to gain 7-10 lbs on all my all inclusive vacation ( 1 week)... now i am a bit more "smart" the last 2 i only gained 5lbs... and it took me about a week to get it off. that is mainly water and i didn't struggle to loose it like i used to when i gained double..
  • SanyamKaushik
    Options

oO

It's easily done!! We didn't even go to a resort! We got invited to one of the inhabited islands and one of the natives and his family made us breakfast and dinner every day! Insane amounts of food and it's rude to leave any :laugh:
    All inclusive is pretty dangerous eh!

:bigsmile: Yes, I stopped taking all inclusive after my last Sharm-el-Shekh one.... Those are way too dangerous for me too... (when my mind tries to calculate ROI :blushing: )
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    5 lbs. during 5 days in New Orleans. Amazing restaurants, but so much rich food! We walked everywhere and tried to pace ourselves, but the last couple of days my husband and I were cancelling reservations left and right because we just weren't hungry. All the heavy cream did us in, but it was wonderful while it lasted (until I got home and saw the scale, lol).
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Walking holiday sounds like fun... Gotta try it soon... :)

Absolutely, I met my Aussie OH in Cyprus on a walking holiday ... Eat what you like, drink like a fish and get a daily sociable long walk in ... Beats being on a beach all day for me :)

The side effects can include unexpected emigration, fatherhood and domesticity though ;)
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    7 lbs over 3 days in Belgium. The huge range of beers and yummy food were too hard to resist...