Should I keep trying to lose weight?

Options
Hi everyone,

I lost about 25 lbs last year and am now within 5lbs of my final goal. However, I've been on these last 5lbs for months and even though I'm tracking what I eat and exercising, nothing is coming off! I got my body fat percentage measured in a Bod Pod and found out I'm at 22% body fat, which is really quite low for a female. I'm 5'3" and 140 lbs, and have always been really muscular.

I just don't know if it's worth it to stress myself out for an arbitrary number I kind of picked out of thin air when I'm very fit already, and losing 5lbs of fat would bring me down to a very low body fat percentage. Any thoughts?

Replies

• sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I feel like if you are content with your weight health wise and how you look then maintain. If you want to go for the last 5 switch things up. Look at your diet and exercise and change things up!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My thought is stop stressing, but otherwise keep doing what you are doing. If the 5 lbs comes off, it comes off. If not, you are in maintenance.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I think you already answered your own question, hun.

You're already fit, you have a very low body fat percentage, and you're definately within a normal weight range. If you were just wanting to lose the five pounds because you though 135 lbs was a magical number, then I would say stop.

It seems like you're already happy with where you are. There's no need to stress out over a number!!

Hope this helps.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    What did you base your original 30 pound goal on? Was it just that 30 seemed like a nice round number? At your relatively low percentage of body fat it seems like you are doing really well. If you are satisfied with how you feel, and what you see in the mirror, consider your goal achieved. A number is just a number. Put your energy into maintaining (and enjoying) your current weight.