New, looking for support and some friends :)

Hi! I'm a single mom and my weight has gotten away from me. I was always the girl that could eat anything and never gain weight. THEN I had a c-section and hit 30. Suddenly I hate my body and I'm embarrassed. I have never exercised much due to a heart condition but after heart surgery last month I am clear to resume normal exercise (or in my case start). I've been using MFP for about two weeks and I am struggling to stay at my calories. I also started Wii fit and the biggest loser work outs. I would love to get some friends on here to keep me motivated!
Katie

Replies

• Hiya! I too am looking for motivation. I have been using MFP for 3 days now and already love it. I find myself getting near/going over the calorie mark...I'm hoping in a couple weeks that will change as I get used to it. I am currently running but I would like to add the Power 90 and Zumba workouts to my daily rotation. I would get the Wii stuff but the Wii is my brother's and he goes back to school in a couple weeks (taking the system with him).
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    I'm also looking for friends here and for motivation. I'll be glad to cheer y'all on.
  • ktanne1
    ktanne1 Posts: 11
    I am hoping to work my way up to running, I'd love to do a 5k. I am taking babysteps.
  • Find a fun run 5k in your area in the Fall and just do it :) I did my first one over the weekend and I walked/jogged it. It feels AMAZING to complete it.
  • For 5k practice, there are some really good apps on the iPhone and android to build up endurance. I'm working on that as well. There are a few zombie themed runs that I want to run in really bad! Lol

Anyone need some support, add me. I could always use a kick in the pants once in a while.
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Welcome!! I am a runner, and just started Turbo Fire to keep things interesting. Feel free to add me for support ;)
  • Couch to 5k (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) is a wonderful program. My first time through I want to walk/jog it and when I complete it, do it again with jog/run.
  • That's it, Couch to 5K. Love it. And, there is a Zombie App running game that, believe it or not, is more like a book on tape version of a running app. Really well done and is always adding more content. I believe they are working on their second "story" too, which will be free to us already owners of the app. (I love horror movie, sry. Lol)
  • ktanne1
    ktanne1 Posts: 11
    Thanks for the ideas, I have looked at couch to 5k but havent pushed myself to do it yet.