Fitbit logging

Options
2»

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    My point exactly. So the calorie adjustment that it sends over to MFP is too big or small if the numbers don't match.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    My point exactly. So the calorie adjustment that it sends over to MFP is too big or small if the numbers don't match.

FitBit doesn't send an adjustment. It sends the raw "this is how many calories you've burned today" data, and MFP calculates the adjustment based on your MFP profile.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    you sure about that? Because my numbers never match exactly. For example, yesterday fitbit says I burned 2739, so it says I have a daily calorie goal of 2239. MFP (after the fitbit adjustment) says I had a calorie goal of 2231.

Granted, the difference is small, but I assumed it was only small because I adjusted my MFP goals to be similar to fitbit. Seems that if all it was doing was sending the raw "this is how many calories you've burned today" data, that they would match exactly.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Positive. All that information is available in the Help / FAQ sections on MFP. The numbers on MFP and FitBit don't need to match, as you're supposed to be ignoring the "eat this many calories" part of FitBit anyway.