Have anyone tried Barefoot Shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i run in minimal shoues because they give me feedback. i know the instant my form gets sloppy and i start heel striking so i can correct it before i knacker my knee again / get shin splints!
    this is what works for me
    but...

i would say the shoes are irrelevant it's more about how you run.
    are you injury prone - yes? then consider changing you running style ( and new shoes might be part of this)
    no? if it aint broke don't fix it and go with your running style
  • warutledge
    warutledge Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's not quite right to call it a lifestyle, but t almost is. For those who didn't like them , or those that want to know more, check out this NYT article that got me to try them again, and with much better results:

http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/

Also, lots minimalist shoes that aren't toe shoes.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am currently waiting on my first pair of vibrams to come in the mail. I got the komodosports cause they fit the best and personally didn't like the way the bikilas fit my foot. I'll keep you posted when I get them
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I have some vivobarefoot amphibious shoes and I love them. I broke my ankle last summer, so am very cautious about hurting it again. When I walk and run in these I can feel every movement and objects under foot and automatically adjust my running or walking.

I love them.
    Would love some five fingers, but they're pricey at the moment
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I tried on some vibrams but just didn't feel right to me (possibly due to having long toes) so I went with NB Minimus Zero Road shoes. Love love love LOVE them! (did I mention that I love them?):heart: Practically no break-in time either.

Since I've never really been a heel striker I haven't had too many issues adjusting to their use, although it is a tad odd feeling the road - and everything on it.

I've been doing strength training at the gym as well, which is the other big reason I wanted a nice pair of zero-rise shoes. Yay for shoes that can multi-task!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    just posted a review of NB MT00 (barefoot) versus my NB 759s (traditional) shoes

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Aperture_Science/view/new-balance-mt00-review-404233