Options
    woah woah...

why you gotta use short as an insult?

(said the 5'6" guy)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    u could tell he was short over the ph?

Many times you don't need to see them visually to already know they are "short" in many areas.

well ok...im 6'5 so I will practice my tall voice for next time im on the phone lol

I've never found that a tall voice was as important as a long voice.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    LOL! I work in construction too. It's a hit or miss. Usually I have good experiences but once in a blue moon I'll get a guy that thinks I don't know anything because I'm female. :noway:
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    ...............I would have just said this directly to the person instead of wasting my time typing it out.

Stephanie, this is what happens when you say what you feel. People gotta try and look better than you or mess with you about it. Your just venting. And its ok.
  • devilwhiterose
    Options

Many times you don't need to see them visually to already know they are "short" in many areas.

well ok...im 6'5 so I will practice my tall voice for next time im on the phone lol

I've never found that a tall voice was as important as a long voice.

It needs to be a deep voice. :drinker:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    ...............I would have just said this directly to the person instead of wasting my time typing it out.

Trust me, I wanted to, but I actually care about being professional and not letting my emotions get the best of me at the work place.

There is a professional way to do it. That was just my opinion, I'd rather stand up for myself!
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    this is full of win
  • devilwhiterose
    Options

Trust me, I wanted to, but I actually care about being professional and not letting my emotions get the best of me at the work place.

There is a professional way to do it. That was just my opinion, I'd rather stand up for myself!

Ehhhhh, depending on the profession, sometimes you just have to bite the tongue.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't this have been better suited as a Facebook post than an MFP forum discussion? Your friends know you better than MFP forum strangers.

oh good. the post sorter guy is here. tell me, where should i put this post:

"One thing I love about sports is that I don't need sound. I can noodle on my guitar and still know what's going on."

Is that a Facebook? Twitter? MFP? Tumblr? MySpace? Thank you in advance.
  • devilwhiterose
    Options
    Wouldn't this have been better suited as a Facebook post than an MFP forum discussion? Your friends know you better than MFP forum strangers.

"One thing I love about sports is that I don't need sound. I can noodle on my guitar and still know what's going on."

You can noodle your what what!?
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I actually had a spa repair guy come to my house and ask to talk to my dad... Hahaha... I thanked him for the compliment and told him it's my house.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Oh there definitely is, I think I was just so heated that I knew that if I calmly tried stand up for myself, I lose it and rip him a new one haha.
  • coliema
    Options

Stephanie, this is what happens when you say what you feel. People gotta try and look better than you or mess with you about it. Your just venting. And its ok.
    I wrote that it was just my own opinion. I can have my own opinion, as can everyone else. I'm not trying to "look better" than her, and I never said she couldn't vent.

This is what happens when you say what you feel. Take your own advice buddy.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    On the rare occasion when I have to deal with someone who does not respond in a professional manner, I suggest that perhaps they are not in a position to deal with the issue themselves and ask to speak to their supervisor.

That usually focuses their mind...

As for your insults to short people, they are as ignorant as someone assuming that a young woman can't understand anything about building work.
  • coliema
    Options

Oh there definitely is, I think I was just so heated that I knew that if I calmly tried stand up for myself, I lose it and rip him a new one haha.

Very true! Hahah, some people just think everyone knows what they know. I wouldn't know anything about construction if my fiance wasn't in the business, but he is, so I do know, and I know that a lot of construction workers try to rip you off because they think you know less.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    In my 47 years on this planet, I have come to the conclusion from my experiences that men who usually talk down to women outside of the home do so because the woman at home wears the pants and is whipped. :smile:
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options

^^AMEN!! :happy:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options

Get heated, you lose.

Be cool and professional. Suggest that perhaps he needs time to think about the issue, and tell him you will call him back in several hours when he has had time to consider a suitable response.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Reddit

Duh! :drinker:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    As for your insults to short people, they are as ignorant as someone assuming that a young woman can't understand anything about building work.

I didn't mean it as a jab to the vertically challenged, more so to the guys that think they need a big aggressive attitude to make up for other emotional shortcomings ei. confidence, self-respect, etc.