HELP! i had coffee for breakfast...

Options

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    and now its 11am and i am eating a banana!
    Am I doing it all wrong?

*stares at pic*

I'll be back in about 3 minutes. Wait here.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I had coffee for breakfast this morning lol! I'm running on no sleep and when I'm tired food just does not sound good at all!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Am I doing it all wrong?

You already know you are. You're just hoping that someone will tell you the answer you are looking for.

and what am i looking for oh wise one?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Coffee is my favorite breakfast. I always have my coffee, then do my cardio a couple hours later (fasted) and have "breakfast" around 11.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Am I doing it all wrong?

Grab that banana with both hands
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    only if you made eye contact while you ate the banana.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I only drink my coffee with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I had only tea with a splash of milk for breakfast!!! Am I doomed as well?! :-P
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Am I doing it all wrong?

You already know you are. You're just hoping that someone will tell you the answer you are looking for.

and what am i looking for oh wise one?

Well, the answer is 42.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think your metabolsm was "jump started" until the banana. So, you lost several hours worth of weight loss potential. :wink:

I don't think my metabolism jump started untill I saw the banana pic! :bigsmile:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    You'll prob gain some. But if you take a good dump later or tomorrow, it will even out

good idea. BRB!

Take your phone with you so you can MFP from the bathroom.

That's the only place I do it from.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i bet you're plateauing like crazy
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Never understood people's fascination with "jump starting" the metabolism. It's not like our bodies are cars left out at night with our headlights on. I don't need jumper cables.

^^^^^ Clearly you haven't done much in the way of research. As we sleep, our metabolism slows down and burns energy must slower, simply due to not being fed for more than 8 hours. When we get up, the body is somewhat shocked by action and if not fed, will not release the necessary energy to burn fat since the body is survival mode thinking we are starving. Studies show that people who eat a healthy breakfast lose and maintain weight better than those who skip breakfast
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Never understood people's fascination with "jump starting" the metabolism. It's not like our bodies are cars left out at night with our headlights on. I don't need jumper cables.

^^^^^ Clearly you haven't done much in the way of research. As we sleep, our metabolism slows down and burns energy must slower, simply due to not being fed for more than 8 hours. When we get up, the body is somewhat shocked by action and if not fed, will not release the necessary energy to burn fat since the body is survival mode thinking we are starving. Studies show that people who eat a healthy breakfast lose and maintain weight better than those who skip breakfast
    You're adorable. Only in the first world does anyone think that skipping breakfast puts you into starvation mode.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

I hope that's a joke...
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

You're adorable. Only in the first world does anyone think that skipping breakfast puts you into starvation mode.

#firstworldproblems
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    No more bananas!!! They make you fat! Think of the carbs, woman! The carbs!

Oh whatever, do whatever you like, it's too late. You're screwed.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

Actually, being more of a science guy myself, I have READ THOSE STUDIES. And I know the difference between correlation and causation.

Just sayin'.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

HA HA HA....HA HA HA
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

You are kidding.....right?????

Please tell me you are kidding!!!!!!