Ladies Only! TOM

Options
So I'm curious because it has happened to me....

Has anyone else period gotten lighter and/or last less days now that you are exercising regularly. My period use to last 5-6 days now it's probably about 3 days long and lighter than before, though there's a day in between where it can be pretty heavy. Has anyone else notice a change? I'm curious to know if this is a direct link to changing to a more healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• ahndredre
    Options
    That is so crazy! This literally just happened to me. Like you, I'm used to a six day period. It normally starts out heavy the first two days, and then it becomes bearable. I've become serious about my dieting and exercise, this past month especially, and my period was extremely light and was about 3 days. I just accounted it to my body being slightly shocked and trying to adjust to my new lifestyle. Whatever it is, I hope it continues, because this easy breezy period was heavenly.
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    Well I've notice a slight difference is still on 6 days but not as heavy like the last 3days are spotting only...I hope it gets to 3 days only
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That is so crazy! This literally just happened to me. Like you, I'm used to a six day period. It normally starts out heavy the first two days, and then it becomes bearable. I've become serious about my dieting and exercise, this past month especially, and my period was extremely light and was about 3 days. I just accounted it to my body being slightly shocked and trying to adjust to my new lifestyle. Whatever it is, I hope it continues, because this easy breezy period was heavenly.

Exactly! Whatever is the cause I hope it continues because it's been a true gift! LOL
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    Well I've notice a slight difference is still on 6 days but not as heavy like the last 3days are spotting only...I hope it gets to 3 days only

Well hopefully as the months go on the 3 day spotting will be no more.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Has your weight dropped significantly? I believe I have read that rapid weight loss can cause this.. Could be wrong though.

Me personally, I have not noticed a difference, but then again mine have been 3 (4 max) since I started BC years ago. So it can't get much shorter than that lol

But seriously, as long as it doesnt stop, then I would not worry about it. If you are concerned you could always talk to you OBGYN about it....but it doesnt sound like you are concerned haha just saying
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    Has your weight dropped significantly? I believe I have read that rapid weight loss can cause this.. Could be wrong though.

Me personally, I have not noticed a difference, but then again mine have been 3 (4 max) since I started BC years ago. So it can't get much shorter than that lol

But seriously, as long as it doesnt stop, then I would not worry about it. If you are concerned you could always talk to you OBGYN about it....but it doesnt sound like you are concerned haha just saying

I've lost a total of 51 pounds since my lifestyle change so maybe that's the contributing factor. But girl no I'm not concerned at all lol. Just curious of the correlation but happy nonetheless.